PDA

View Full Version : Just playing around...

STICK
04-03-2011, 20:52
Being on call means I have to stay close to home, or rather the hospital. So, today I figured I would still go out an play. The weather was nearly perfect, with a good little wind blowing. As I was sitting here, I wondered to myself, I wonder if I could set up my Lunar Duo in this wind, by myself...

http://sticksblog.com/2011/04/03/just-playing-around/

Freedom Walker
04-03-2011, 21:02
Funny! Tent stayed up but the wind pushed over the camera. Yes I watched it all. North Alabama was just like that. We needed to burn some leftover leaves from last year but no way.

STICK
04-03-2011, 21:11
We just bagged up about 20 bags of leaves a few days ago, and there are still about 10 or 15 worth still up against fences and in under bushes...maybe I should've been doing that instead of playing with my tents...

And yeah, I was a little shocked when I looked up and the camera was laying down...but I figured I had come to far to turn back now...

It truly was a beautiful day today...I caught myself imagining being on the trail a few times....

Thanks for watching!

Loneoak
04-05-2011, 10:31
Being on call means I have to stay close to home, or rather the hospital. ? ? ?

Looks like it worked out well, how much wind was there, seems it was blowing pretty hard.

Kia Kaha
04-05-2011, 16:38
I have been very impressed with how well my lunar duo, and solo for that matter have shed wind and how easy they are to set up. Wind and condensation were my two big concerns when I made the purchase a few years back, I have not had a problem with either.

STICK
04-05-2011, 17:12
Kia, a lot of your happy impressions is somewhat part of what lead me to get the tent.

As for the tent itself, I am very happy with it, but there are some things that I will have to get used to, or at least learn about...

With condensation, I had 2 very different experiences with it, one morning it was completely soaked. Took 45 minutes just to get it dry enough to pack. next morning, with a little breeze and both doors completely opened, it was dry as a bone! So, I will have to get used to venting it correctly.

In the wind, well, anyone that has watched the video has seen how that went. I think it went well actually. However, if I was setting it up to actually use it, I would've put the doors into the wind rather than the wall. I also would have guyed out the upper guylines too, just to be sure. But that video was just for fun.