PDA

View Full Version : "Oral History" project for White Blazers?

1azarus
04-04-2011, 12:51
People keep trail journals, and for each hiker there is that one entry which really speaks to us all.

There are lots of places where people write and keep trail journals now, and they are too long and too numerous to plod through -- at least for me.

Would it work to have people post a single journal entry on a thread like this one -- which would be a cut-and-paste of their favorite journal page? Kind of like a Library of Congress Oral History project, but self-written and on line.

What do you think?

Bare Bear
04-09-2011, 14:19
Out of context would make it useless to me.

Tipi Walter
04-09-2011, 15:06
People keep trail journals, and for each hiker there is that one entry which really speaks to us all.

There are lots of places where people write and keep trail journals now, and they are too long and too numerous to plod through -- at least for me.

Would it work to have people post a single journal entry on a thread like this one -- which would be a cut-and-paste of their favorite journal page? Kind of like a Library of Congress Oral History project, but self-written and on line.

What do you think?

It's a good idea if you can find individual Journalers willing to do it and having a journal with enough substance and commentary worth sharing. Most journals seem sort of . . . . uh . . . . . boring.

Smile
04-09-2011, 15:37
Cool idea, but it would just be a cut and paste. It's been done and posted already online somewhere.

A video of wild trail stories done by the hikers themselves would be cool. OK, whoever takes this idea and runs with it - I get 10% of the proceeds from sales for the first five years, and a free copy of the DVD. :)
Oh yeah, and I want to be one to tell a story and a new bag.

kayak karl
04-09-2011, 15:38
my favorite, the gummy bear drop. :) http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=260878

Hoop
04-09-2011, 16:55
KK,

Do you know what became of the pooch