PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Six Moon Designs Traveler

Great White
04-04-2011, 14:51
I am considering purchasing the Six Moon Designs Traveler. But I am still not sure if this is the pack that I want. I am looking for a pack that is a little over 3000 cubic inches and is a panel loader. I think the Traveler is what I am looking for. But questions remain.

The man bag volume is rated at 3000 cubic inches. Is this correct? I have noticed that the volume measurement for pack volumes are sometimes off.

How well does the pack handle a load near 30 pounds? I know it is rated at 35 lbs, but I don't know if the pack can handle that mass without being uncomfortable. What are your experiences with the traveler at these high loads?

I have conducted searches on the Internet and Whiteblaze to see if any information is available on the Traveler. But I have been unable to find anything good, only that people like the pack and not a whole lot more.

If any current Traveler owners can provide answers these questions or any other comments that they have on the pack, it would be appreciated.

bulldog49
04-04-2011, 17:49
I am considering purchasing the Six Moon Designs Traveler. But I am still not sure if this is the pack that I want. I am looking for a pack that is a little over 3000 cubic inches and is a panel loader. I think the Traveler is what I am looking for. But questions remain.

The man bag volume is rated at 3000 cubic inches. Is this correct? I have noticed that the volume measurement for pack volumes are sometimes off.

How well does the pack handle a load near 30 pounds? I know it is rated at 35 lbs, but I don't know if the pack can handle that mass without being uncomfortable. What are your experiences with the traveler at these high loads?

I have conducted searches on the Internet and Whiteblaze to see if any information is available on the Traveler. But I have been unable to find anything good, only that people like the pack and not a whole lot more.

If any current Traveler owners can provide answers these questions or any other comments that they have on the pack, it would be appreciated.

I have the SMD Starlite which is essentially the same pack except it is a top loader instead of a panel loader. I am amazed how much capacity it has. I've used it on week long winter hikes (no resupply) carrying over 30 lbs and it handled great. I think it is a great pack and SMD is a great company.