PDA

View Full Version : 40 degree wet weather gloves

JEBjr
04-05-2011, 20:57
Help..... my gloves ain't working in cold, windy, wet weather. What do you use?

Del Q
04-05-2011, 21:19
Mountain Laurel Designs - EVent, mittens, just took them on a section hike, super lightweight, love them, used without my gloves in the cold rain and with them on as well, wish I had purchased these years ago. Now all I need is one pair of gloves or these only, great gear!

Tinker
04-05-2011, 21:23
Try some vinyl examination gloves under fleece liner gloves inside dishwashing or medium duty latex or vinyl waterproof gloves. Works like the old military "Micky Mouse" boots - it combines a vapor barrier with a protected insulative layer. Relatively cheap, too. Don't get the water into the fleece or it will backfire on you.

Blissful
04-05-2011, 21:25
My gloves don't work either in those kind of conditions. I just live with it and wait for better
:)

10-K
04-05-2011, 21:57
Mountain Laurel Designs - EVent, mittens, just took them on a section hike, super lightweight, love them, used without my gloves in the cold rain and with them on as well, wish I had purchased these years ago. Now all I need is one pair of gloves or these only, great gear!

MLD eVent mittens are a seriously wise purchase. Just be sure to seam seal them with the little tube of sealer they come with - it's easy.

leaftye
04-05-2011, 22:47
Trekking poles. Tightly gripping and regripping the cork handles has been good enough.

STICK
04-06-2011, 22:23
+1 for the MLD eVENT mitts. I line my OR PL150 gloves under them and it is great. Although, I wouldn't mind trying a pair of mitts with them. Will probably get around to doing that this next winter...

Jersey Tim
04-06-2011, 22:49
Definitely switch to mittens. Simply by design, they keep your hands warmer than gloves made of the same materials.

q-tip
04-07-2011, 12:53
Plastic hand covers from the deli---I have 4 pr. gloves-none of them work in cold rain...

dla
04-07-2011, 23:05
@40*F and rainy/yeucky I wear a pair of those poly glove liners. Not sure the proper name, but they are relatively rough poly weave and pretty thin/stretchy. They dry fast. A little colder and I wear plain old rag wool gloves. And if it really cold then on go the insulated mittens.

TheStu
04-07-2011, 23:11
Another vote for the MLD eVENT mitts. If you're using your hands a lot you might end up damaging them because eVENT isn't super robust and I would recommend something rubber, but for hiking they're the perfect solution.

The Cleaner
04-07-2011, 23:14
Mountian Hardware Epic gloves..:sun