PDA

View Full Version : Hiking in Spain - Would You?

Old Hiker
04-05-2011, 21:26
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/scariest_path.html

The entrances for this trail are closed but not policed. It was built in the 1920's for hydro workers. There is no rail but there is a chain to hold onto but it doesn't hold much weight and several people have fallen to their deaths. This is an amazing walk! This should have you on the edge of your seat possibly feeling slightly dizzy. It's 6 minutes long and should be watched till the very end.

To intensify the experience, click on the full screen button (middle button that looks like four arrows on the lower right hand side of the screen when the player comes up). It's enough to make you nauseous especially when you consider that it was filmed by someone who made the hike carrying a video camera while he did it.

hobbs
04-05-2011, 21:29
a friend put this up on another forum a couple of weks ago, Great videa. But you have to like crazy hiking

dragoro
04-05-2011, 21:59
Definitely scary hiking. Something is edited out at around 2:07 though.

turtle fast
04-05-2011, 23:29
More than a few deaths have been attributed to the trail. It is supposed to be illegal to hike the trail per the government but folks hike it anyway. Could you imagine some cement slab giving way the day you were on it to fall down into the canyon. Some guy cables are there but some busted and others just worthless and woulden't hold you if the bottom gave out.

ScottP
04-05-2011, 23:55
I'd hike it.

Rockhound
04-06-2011, 05:24
I know Bob Peoples hiked in Spain a couple years ago, though surely not this trail. One of the things he mentioned is that all the trails are marked yellow so it is much easier to get lost. The AT is the best marked trail in the world with white blazes the whole way. No blue, orange, yellow, red blazes to alert you if you may be going the wrong way. Take a wrong turn in Spain and it could be many miles before you realize your mistake. Consequently he has my longest day beat by a few miles. Told me he had one day where he hiked well over 30 miles. If you stop in at Kinkora ask him about the story of the incarcerated donkey. Very funny.

Tennessee Viking
04-06-2011, 08:29
Was it St. James Trail or the Pyrennes Trail. I remember saying it was an old pilgrimage route.

El Jefe
04-06-2011, 09:00
I love hiking but no way I do that. Every time he walked the bare beam, I kept waiting for him to fall

SassyWindsor
04-06-2011, 13:18
Like a real life Myst adventure.