PDA

View Full Version : REI exchange policy question?

dragoro
04-05-2011, 22:46
Bought a pair of Leki ultra light poles last spring. One bent 3 weeks in to hike. When I got home, overwhelmed with other things and forgot to bring in to REI. Can I bring in now for exchange or something? Or too late now?

johnnyjohnson2043
04-05-2011, 22:53
REI says it has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on every item you purchase. According to their website you can simply return or exchange it at any store. Leki also has a warranty on all of their trekking poles, so you might want to check that out, also. Here is a link to Leki's warranty info: http://www.leki.com/warrantyForm.php

Chubbs4U
04-05-2011, 22:55
They will return it. Ive heard stories of guys using their boots for 15 years and then returning them. Thats a bit too far IMO. Take them back, they will understand, they always do.

NCarolinaHiker
04-06-2011, 09:34
They'll take everything back, no questions asked. The associates might not agree with you bringing back 15 year old boots, but corporate policy dictates it's allowable. I've been in the same shoes you are in before with a piece of gear that didn't come close to approaching expectation and I never found the time to return it - not for about a year, anyway. They understood and exchanged it, no problem.

RevLee
04-06-2011, 09:35
I snapped a Leki pole last year and they sent a free replacement section. Give Leki a call or email them to see what they will do.

shaman.in.a.yurt
04-06-2011, 11:16
I snapped a Leki pole last year and they sent a free replacement section. Give Leki a call or email them to see what they will do.

Leki will replace broken pole section for free. I broke the lower section on my Ultralight Ti Leki poles and they just shipped me new lowers with a new carbide tip:banana (the poles were a couple years old)

REI will take any return at any time, if you're a co-op member. Not sure if you are not.

Fill out the form on the Leki website linked above and enjoy a new pole section!

jeremiah j
04-06-2011, 16:53
Make it simple, just take back to REI, no problem

dragoro
04-06-2011, 17:01
Yep took em to REI today and got em exchanged no problem.

TIDE-HSV
04-06-2011, 19:53
I did return boots after wearing them for over a year. They were Raichles and the heel counter went up from the sole and then nipped inward sharply. Unfortunately, my own achilles is pretty much straight up and down. I tried padding; I tried everything. This was back in the day (70s) of 3 lb (each) thick leather boots and they were my "winter" boots. I sent them back with a diagram of why they were turning my heels bloody. They gave me a 75% refund and I was happy with it...

George
04-06-2011, 20:49
I took some poles back to rei to buy parts, they had no parts for sale and no longer had the poles, they were going to refund them and started searching the many pages of my purchases, while this was happening another employee dug in a junk box and found the parts, still using the poles after several years, can not beat the cust. service

The Todd
04-06-2011, 20:53
Yes it is true if you used your REI membership card you can return it. I returned my backpack just last week after using it for six years. REI is awesome.

Bonjour
04-06-2011, 22:12
It took 6 years to find out you weren't satisfied?

Blissful
04-06-2011, 22:14
I plan to get my 2 sets of Leki poles refurbished at Trail Days. One pole is severely bent from the 100 mile wilderness, the other set does not collapse

FarmRookie 2015
04-06-2011, 22:33
So...y'all know you aren't supposed to pry stuff with the poles eh?

NCarolinaHiker
04-07-2011, 09:00
6 years to return a pack is abusive use of their return policy, not a satisfaction guarantee.

nufsaid
04-07-2011, 09:05
Yes it is true if you used your REI membership card you can return it. I returned my backpack just last week after using it for six years. REI is awesome.

REI policies are awesome. People who abuse them aren't.