PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gate Cache access

fredmugs
04-06-2011, 21:26
Does anyone know where the people who provide water for the cache access the trail. Specifically what roads they travel and where they park prior to humping the water up?

leaftye
04-06-2011, 22:33
I would try to contact Charlie Mann. Asabat or Warner Springs Monty probably have his contact info. I believe Monty has organized groups to carry water up with Charlie in past years. Laurence the Spring Guy does have contact info for Charlie, but Laurence is a tough one to reach since he doesn't have a phone, and the woman I'd personally contact him through has just started her thru hike.

I should have gotten a gps trace when I went there. I can tell you that the road is very overgrown. Even a narrow vehicle will be pushing through the brush, and you will get slapped by branches in the face if your window is open. Also, I believe that road is on private property, so you may want to contact the property manager before going there.

As far as parking goes, it's pretty much right at the end of the access trail.

leaftye
04-06-2011, 22:33
I would try to contact Charlie Mann. Asabat or Warner Springs Monty probably have his contact info. I believe Monty has organized groups to carry water up with Charlie in past years. Laurence the Spring Guy does have contact info for Charlie, but Laurence is a tough one to reach since he doesn't have a phone, and the woman I'd personally contact him through has just started her thru hike.

I should have gotten a gps trace when I went there. I can tell you that the road is very overgrown. Even a narrow vehicle will be pushing through the brush, and you will get slapped by branches in the face if your window is open. Also, I believe that road is on private property, so you may want to contact the property manager before going there.

As far as parking goes, it's pretty much right at the end of the access trail.

lsglass
04-11-2011, 00:21
Does anyone know where the people who provide water for the cache access the trail. Specifically what roads they travel and where they park prior to humping the water up?

.....Yes.....why?