PDA

View Full Version : Deceptive Advertising by Warbonnet

steve_man
04-07-2011, 11:15
I am disappointed to report that Warbonnet Outdoors is about to be charged by the Federal Trade Commission regarding several violations of the Made in USA standard which prohibits manufacturers from claiming that their foreign products are Made in USA. I would have posted this on HammockForums, but it is well-known that Hammock-Forums is basically owned by the Warbonnet company and his cronies.

Warbonnet continues to claim on their home page that "all our gear is made here locally" in Fort Collins, Colorado (although I'm sure that will disappear soon). In fact, a lot of their hammocks are made entirely in China. Plus, even the few hammocks that they sew in Colorado do not meet the criteria to be claimed as having been "Made" in Colorado since they are made from foreign fabrics. I doubt an english-speaking person has sewed a Warbonnet hammock since the owner stopped making them all himself in his garage years ago.

It's sad that a company feels they need to deceive customers by making these claims. Hennessy hammocks was caught in the same lies a couple of years ago, claiming that some of their hammocks were Made in USA when in fact it was impossible to buy them, but they were more than eager to sell you a Chinese-made model.

Raul Perez
04-07-2011, 11:25
Well Steve here are some other facts you actually left out:

1) only a batch was made in china to gauge the craftmanship, quality, and economics of having some items made in China

2) The batch made in China is clearly marked by an (i) stating that it is imported.

3) he was upfront about it to HammockForums.net

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25340&highlight=warbonnet+china

steve_man
04-07-2011, 11:28
Here are some facts you left out:

He still says all his gear is made in USA. Second, none of his gear was EVER made in USA because it is made from foreign fabrics.

Holy Crap: Warbonnet owns ALL the forums!!!

Raul Perez
04-07-2011, 11:35
First of all Steve nobody "owns" me. Get that straight right out of the box. I own several pieces of his gear as well as many other cottage industry items (JRB, Hammock Gear, ULA, Black Rock).

Second... I'm not sure where he gets his fabric. You have specifics? Tell us. You have a shipping receipt from the company... show us. How are you credible?

Third... I can see where you are concerned about his statement on his homepage. Yes if he has some items manufactured overseas he should put a more explicit disclaimer. BUT he also is very explicit that some items are manufactured over seas on his product ordering area. I just looked now... (i) indicates an internationally made item.

Rocket Jones
04-07-2011, 11:36
Two posts, two slams against Warbonnet and the forums. Methinks a disgruntled customer has come a-trollin'.

steve_man
04-07-2011, 11:43
The FTC has assured me that charges will be filed. So I'm just going to let them do their work. They have the proof. Now let's just wait and see if his homepage changes. I bet it does.

It's deceptive to him to say that some are made internationally since ALL of them are made internationally from foreign fabrics. All of them should have an (i).

Any more Warbonnet apologists out there?

couscous
04-07-2011, 12:20
What's the agenda behind this thread .. or the previous one 2-1/2 years ago?
http://hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5573

Pak-Man
04-07-2011, 12:21
How do you spell Douche in Canadian?

:welcome

sherrill
04-07-2011, 12:22
Maybe ya'll should just sleep on the ground.

Alligator
04-07-2011, 12:37
Closed pending cross-site consultation...