PDA

View Full Version : Proof is off the Trail in Erwin TN

rukymoss
04-07-2011, 12:16
Proof, AKA "Proof of Life", a nobo, ended up in the hospital in Erwin last night and needed surgery. He is recovering and his parents are with him, but he will be out of commission at least 4 weeks. (I work with his future bro-in-law--I'll be heading sobo in midJune and was hoping to cross paths with him). Best wishes for his speedy convalescence!

Montana Mac
04-07-2011, 12:34
Hosptial stay due to medical or trail injury?

- best of luck to him

rukymoss
04-07-2011, 13:14
bleeding ulcer is what I heard

bigcranky
04-07-2011, 14:58
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Blissful
04-07-2011, 15:32
Wow that's too bad. But four weeks and at Erwin, he should be able to get back on and make it ok if his health is ok

stonedflea
04-07-2011, 17:22
oh no =( one of my friends, nocello, was hiking with him. said they had an awesome stay at elmer's in hot springs. sad to hear.

skooch
04-07-2011, 19:37
count our blessings ya'll and hike while you can. get well soon kid

Praha4
04-07-2011, 20:13
bummer....is he in hospital in Erwin or Johnson City?

bleeding ulcer nothing to play around with, best of luck to him, recovering more important than a thru hike, the trail will still be there

Rockhound
04-08-2011, 15:55
I can relate. Always a major disappointment when you have to get off the trail for any reason. Best of luck to Proof. Amazing how quickly that pre-op disappointment turns into post-op determination though. A month is not an eternity and I am sure he will even be able to complete his thru-hike this year if he so chooses. see ya out there.

ScrapIron
04-08-2011, 16:19
Had the pleasure of meeting Proof on April 4 at Street Gap, where class of 2010 thru hikers, Frisbee and Biscuit were making trail magic.

Very nice guy. Enjoyed my short conversation with him and wish him a speedy recovery.

rukymoss
04-11-2011, 14:09
Update on Proof--he's back home, feeling better, but unfortunately is a bit limited in his diet. The quote I heard from his brother-in-law-to-be was, "I just get this chicken soup?!". He still has his hiker appetite...

sheepdog
04-11-2011, 14:27
Update on Proof--he's back home, feeling better, but unfortunately is a bit limited in his diet. The quote I heard from his brother-in-law-to-be was, "I just get this chicken soup?!". He still has his hiker appetite...
poor guy, give him two bowls :sun

speedy recovery

wrongway_08
04-11-2011, 15:59
WOW, ulcer on the most relaxed trail out there?

That sucks. Hope he makes a fast recovery!

jayoung
04-13-2011, 11:59
Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!:banana

jayoung
04-13-2011, 12:01
[QUOTE=jayoung;1145318]Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!:banana

Much love and respect,

Nocello

jayoung
04-13-2011, 12:02
Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!:banana[/QUOTE]

jayoung
04-13-2011, 12:02
[QUOTE=jayoung;1145323]Yo Proof, what happened? i heard the news along my way and i feel kinda bad for leaving you in Erwin. i can just imagine rusty medical tools and rockgut whiskey for the pain. But i wish you were still out here, you were a good hiking bud and youi will be missed. let me know about your progress! txt me yo number 276 466 6204 we will try to keep up. I really hope the pizza buffet had nothing to do with this. but you will be in my thoughts the rest of the way. here goes Va!:banana

Much love and respect,

Nocello