PDA

View Full Version : Long distance hiker questionaire

Onlyone
01-18-2005, 23:32
Looking for some help from the hiking community.I have a little research project that I'm working on, for which I've made a short questionaire.If anyone is interested in filling one out,please e-mail me @ [email protected] .I will mail you one with a SASE for it's return.Looking for experienced long distance hikers.Please pass this on to your friends.Thanks,Onlyone

Jack Tarlin
01-19-2005, 20:33
Why not simply post the questionnaire here so people can have a look at it it?

And by the way, what is your "research project?" Is it academic and school related? Is it for a news article? Is it for commercial purposes? Or is it for planning a hike?

Please don't get me wrong----this is not some sort of criticism or attack; I'm merely curious as to what sort of info you're after, and why. I also think you might get more response from folks who had a better idea of what your "questionnaire" is all about and what it's intended for.

Groucho
01-19-2005, 21:02
Looking for some help from the hiking community.I have a little research project that I'm working on, for which I've made a short questionaire.If anyone is interested in filling one out,please e-mail me @ [email protected] .I will mail you one with a SASE for it's return.Looking for experienced long distance hikers.Please pass this on to your friends.Thanks,Onlyone

What do you consider a "long distance"?

Kerosene
01-19-2005, 21:34
I'd fill it out by e-mail or on this site. I never seem to get around to opening the snail mail that piles up on my kitchen table. :o

wacocelt
01-19-2005, 21:53
you'll have better luck getting folks to share information by being a bit more open about your reasons for needing the information.

Onlyone
01-20-2005, 00:18
Sorry guys,no secret intended.Concerned about the over abundance of mis-information I see on the web,I decided to write a book.(my first) The questionaire is related to injuries on the trail,and fitness. Physical therapy is my occupation,coupled with 30 yrs of backpacking.I have no technical skills with a computer,and simply don't know how else to organize and implement this.It will be specific for hikers and will be backed by solid research. Please don't fear the old ways.(believe me I know this may not be the most productive way to go about it, but will give me the info I need)

To those of you who have already responded,thanks it's in the mail.

Onlyone
01-20-2005, 00:25
Sorry,I consider a long distance hiker someone out for at least 3 weeks,although I need to talk to the ones that got off after even three days, if the reason is injury or fitness related

I'm not considering this as my retirement income.Oo

Alligator
01-20-2005, 10:21
If you email interested folks the questionaire, then have them email it back to you, you will save postage and get more responses. Just print out the emailed responses:) .