PDA

View Full Version : Ozark Trail, MO Hiking Trip

The Solemates
01-19-2005, 10:43
This past weekend we went on a weekend trip near the Mark Twain Wilderness area in SE MO (instead of going to SORUCK, which we really wanted to attend but didnt wanna drive that far for a day and a half). When we got there Friday night around 2300 HRS, it was 14F and really windy. That night we spent the night at a campground and it certainly got down into the single digits. The next morning we kinda bummed around visiting different areas and doing different trails. We also were able to visit both Taum Sauk State Park and Elephant Rocks State Park, both of which are fascinating geological parks if you are ever in the area. Pictures on my yahoo photos page to follow. It was cold, however, never getting above 27F the whole weekend, and a dusting of snow covered the ground here and there.

jeepcj258
01-19-2005, 11:47
Thanks for the report, how far of a drive from Memphis is that area?? I might like
to check it out. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

God Bless
Seth

The Solemates
01-19-2005, 14:05
About 4 hrs from Memphis.

foggy-bottom
01-19-2005, 22:50
Taum Sauk Trail Rocks. But its not a loop so there is car logisits to it.

Also the River to River sucks. Being one who has done it and enden up in some ones back yard on beatiful spring afternoon (mind you i thought i was on the trail) It is poorly mark and maintained. Considder Fair warning.
:banana

The Solemates
01-21-2005, 12:39
Added some photos.