PDA

View Full Version : More news on the shutdown

DVNDSN
04-08-2011, 01:03
Crusing CNN.com I came across this story (most popular on the site).

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/07/shutdown.national.parks/index.html?hpt=P1

I find it hard to believe this possibility is drawing closer and closer.

Toolshed
04-08-2011, 01:07
Nothing hard to beleive about it. Happened before it will happen again. Good thing there are people standing up for the country.

Pony
04-08-2011, 01:12
Interesting and important topic. However, not likely to last long.

SassyWindsor
04-08-2011, 01:16
Unfortunately, the USA is looking real bad in the eyes of some of it's Allies. I too agree, this thread shouldn't even be here.

Wolf - 23000
04-08-2011, 01:33
On the flip side it will give the parks a chance to recover from the millions of people that abuse the parks. Look at how much litter is left everywhere or people cutting switch backs. This is very hard on the parks with little time to recover. What about the wild-life that is abuse.

In the long run it will be a short break but it is at least something.

Wolf

Wolf - 23000
04-08-2011, 03:15
Unfortunately, the USA is looking real bad in the eyes of some of it's Allies. I too agree, this thread shouldn't even be here.

Have we every really look good to our Allies except to fight a war or help someone else out?

I'm sorry to put that off on you but it seems like America really gets a bad rap in everything we do.

Wolf

alaska moose
04-08-2011, 08:08
Is this going to effect people who are hiking or going to be hiking the AT is the following year?

DesertMTB
04-08-2011, 08:10
Is this going to effect people who are hiking or going to be hiking the AT is the following year?

No. It will not

Graywolf
04-08-2011, 08:11
Have we every really look good to our Allies except to fight a war or help someone else out?

I'm sorry to put that off on you but it seems like America really gets a bad rap in everything we do.

Wolf

Its been that way since someone ran out on the Queen and they thought he was going to fall of fthe edge of the World.. We are an insane people..

Old Hiker
04-08-2011, 08:15
Its been that way since someone ran out on the Queen and they thought he was going to fall of fthe edge of the World.. We are an insane people..

I beg to differ - I KNOW I'm sane, the voices in my head have told me so - it's the rest of you I worry about. :-?

Trailbender
04-08-2011, 08:53
I beg to differ - I KNOW I'm sane, the voices in my head have told me so - it's the rest of you I worry about. :-?

Not only have the voices told my I'm sane, but at least 6 psychiatrists as well.