PDA

View Full Version : Allen Gap Parking

doritotex
04-08-2011, 17:02
I have parked at Allen Gap, TN/NC several times for day hikes, but I'm wondering if it would be safe to leave a car there overnight for a day of two. Has anyone experienced any problems?

10-K
04-08-2011, 17:06
I have parked at Allen Gap, TN/NC several times for day hikes, but I'm wondering if it would be safe to leave a car there overnight for a day of two. Has anyone experienced any problems?

You'd be a lot better off parking at Hemlock Hollow....

doritotex
04-08-2011, 17:19
You'd be a lot better off parking at Hemlock Hollow.... Thanks! You're right, I forgot about that! I've been meaning to stop there to say hello and check them out. I have a new pack and tent that I want to test run this weekend before I do my couple week section hike later this month. Thanks again.

The Cleaner
04-08-2011, 19:27
You'd be a lot better off parking at Hemlock Hollow.... You beat me to it dang it! I call it "Stealth Parking" though........:)

10-K
04-08-2011, 19:39
You beat me to it dang it! I call it "Stealth Parking" though........:)

Been up to Jerry Cabin lately? It looked like Woodstock last weekend.. :)

The Cleaner
04-08-2011, 22:59
Been up to Jerry Cabin lately? It looked like Woodstock last weekend.. :) No,my last trip I went to Little Laurel on 3-20 for a quick clean-up.Probably will get to Jerry's on the way out of Rocky Fork next week....:sun