PDA

View Full Version : Storing Trekking Poles on GoLite Quest

P1nkPanther
04-08-2011, 19:55
From googling and the ad information on the GoLite Quest, it appears the most common method of stashing trekking poles is to slide them into one of the side pockets (I assume using the compression straps to hold them in place).

Anyone else have a different method? It just seems awkward to me, although I haven't had much practice. We're doing an overnight tomorrow so I hope to get a feel for what works best.

P1nkPanther
04-10-2011, 15:16
I've answered my own question.

In case anyone else cares, I've decided to sew a loop of elastic on the back of a shoulder strap so I can shove the poles handles-first in a side pocket and secure the tips with elastic. I carried them this way comfortably on our overnight by using velcro straps but I want something that is more permanent and won't catch in my hair.

protargol
04-11-2011, 16:38
In case anyone else cares ...

I'm interested in a solution too! You're not alone.

Do you have a picture of your setup? I would like to try and find a way to use the ice axe loops and elastic on the back, but not sure how feasible it is. I could run them through the compression straps, but I'd be happier if I could put the whole pack between the tips and my head