PDA

View Full Version : hello.. HELLO.. you're still sleeping aren't you?

jerseydave
04-09-2011, 04:40
OK, tell me I'm not the only one who has found themselves sitting on their driveway at 4am waiting for their hiking partner to show up....... or apparently NOT show up in this case.

jd

Namaste
04-09-2011, 06:41
Yikes! I'm sure (I hope anyway) by now you are happily stomping the grounds (or the rocks :)) of the AT.:sun

Bare Bear
04-09-2011, 11:53
LOL my friend. It happens to all of us at one time or another. I have learned to set a time and stick to it....

blackbird04217
04-09-2011, 12:03
4am? No, I'd never set plans for that hour of the day. . .

trailangelbronco
04-09-2011, 13:38
Happens to me all of the time. Alot of my hiking buddies like to party and I too leave at 4:00 AM so I can hit the trail early and get elevation before it gets hot down below.

Sometimes I plan a hike, and end up going alone because people can't get out of bed. Heck, when I have a good hike planned, I have trouble sleeping the night before from excitement and worrying about gear selection for the trip.

jerseydave
04-09-2011, 19:49
It all came together, just a little later than originally planned.
We were able to laugh it off as I busted his stones about it a few times throughout the hike.

Ultimately altered the plan a bit distance wise, but that was because we were both having a bit of an "off" day.

Still had a great day, in a great place, getting some exercise on the AT near Sunrise Mountain.

jd