PDA

View Full Version : lesser known civil war / old structures in NoVA

Sheep_dog
04-09-2011, 07:57
are there any off beat or lesser known old structures / civil war era structures in the Northern VA area, particularly Ashby Gap.

thanks!

Graywolf
04-09-2011, 09:50
Shhep, I was thinking that yesterday. We know Harpers Ferry and the Battle of Bul Run isnt far from there.. We also know there were skirmishes in and around the Appalachians all through the Civil War... It would be neat to visit some of these sites.. Just to make the hike a little interesting..

When you leaving? Im going in 2012, before my DNA changes..

d.o.c
04-09-2011, 10:12
bobbletts gap area had lots of rev war skirmishes... and even a few french and indian war sites scaterd thru this area in VA

Graywolf
04-09-2011, 10:28
bobbletts gap area had lots of rev war skirmishes... and even a few french and indian war sites scaterd thru this area in VA

Thanks Doc, I will remember that one. When my ancesotrs came over here, his Son was in the Revolutionary War and the Spanish American war as well.... He was present at the surrander of Cornwallis.... Anything in history, I am game for...

WingedMonkey
04-09-2011, 10:47
Thanks Doc, I will remember that one. When my ancesotrs came over here, his Son was in the Revolutionary War and the Spanish American war as well.... He was present at the surrander of Cornwallis.... Anything in history, I am game for...

I'm confused. The Revolution and the Spanish American War where 120 years apart.

:confused: