PDA

View Full Version : Lost my rain fly, help!

bgraybackpacker
04-09-2011, 20:58
Hello fellow hikers. I lost a rain fly to my rei half dome 2 and can't buy a replacement. If anyone has this same tent I would love the dimensions so I can order some silnylon to make a replacement. The tentis three model from 2 years ago.

Feral Bill
04-09-2011, 21:19
Hello fellow hikers. I lost a rain fly to my rei half dome 2 and can't buy a replacement. If anyone has this same tent I would love the dimensions so I can order some silnylon to make a replacement. The tentis three model from 2 years ago.

You bought it two years ago and they can't sell you a replacement fly? For one of their most popular models? REI has the resources to maintain stocks of replacement parts, and should do so. Return it for a full refund, and explain why.

bgraybackpacker
04-10-2011, 01:16
I don't take advantage of warranties for something that is not the warranties fault. I did not have my rain fly on and it caught some wind and flew into the fire and poof it was gone. Needless to say my wife and I had some fun trying to keep our pristine location from being marred and it was an annoying mess to pack out the remnants of. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry about my previous post I was doing it from my mobile and auto correct can be a real pain.

mweinstone
04-10-2011, 01:19
im inventing the " rain hornet". it replaces all flys and is universal for all tents. its a fan that blows bugs and weather away. its for when they have zero piont fuel moduels. you clip it to your tent and turn it on.its scilent and blows all annoyences away up to one stumbelwolf. lol.