PDA

View Full Version : REI Ti Ware Folding Spork

mybackpackingblog
04-09-2011, 22:02
Hey everyone! I am a newby backpacker and a really new Ultra Light backpacker. I have built a review blog and would appreciate your thoughts, feedback, advice and comments on my blog. Please go and see what you think. I have done a review on a few things already. The latest is the REI Folding Spoon. Tell me what you think about it!

www.mybackpackingblog.org (http://www.mybackpackingblog.org)

Thank you all so much!

Feel free to leave your comments and such there...

mybackpackingblog
04-09-2011, 23:15
The blog is new...but I have way more gear to review...going to try and turn out two a week on the ones I have field tested...

earlyriser26
04-09-2011, 23:25
Just buy a plastic spoon. Cheaper and lighter.

mybackpackingblog
04-09-2011, 23:44
Just buy a plastic spoon. Cheaper and lighter.

Well, I considered that...but most of them where to long to fit inside my GSI Halulite Kettle. The mouth is 4.5" wide. Plus, anything under 6" would not work well with the meal packs I buy. So, this REI spoon was specifically for the UL kit that I was trying to put together. Plastic spoons might work well for you or other scenarios, but not what I was trying to accomplish. Inside the GSI Kettle I keep my White Box Alky Stove, 8 oz of HEET fuel, a small bic lighter, the wind shield, the heat reflector and a a medicine measuring cup. So there wasn't much room for anything else, let alone a long, fixed plastic spoon. Thanks for checking it out though and commenting!

Patrick