PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs Motel?

Loneoak
04-10-2011, 16:49
If you were driving to Hot Springs for this coming weekend, to see the vendors, where would a good place be to stay (motel) or other? I have never been there, so have no idea but will google it and see what I come up with. If anyone would like to chime in, who has been there, feel free too. Also, good places to eat :)

thanks

Rockhound
04-10-2011, 16:52
Alpine Court $42 a night single when I was there the begining of March

Loneoak
04-10-2011, 17:00
Thanks Rockhound, will that be close to where the vendors will set up? I have never been there, so have no idea, how big a town Hot Springs is.

brian039
04-10-2011, 17:09
Smoky Mt Diner for Breakfast and Rock Bottom for dinner and beer. Alpine Court is pretty nice, if you're lucky maybe you could stay at Elmer's.

Loneoak
04-10-2011, 17:12
I would prob love staying at Elmer's but I feel that would knock out a hiker for a night and I wouldn't want to impose and make it harder on them. I am new to backpacking and looking forward to possibly meeting some of them who are keeping a journal tho. Hoping there will be lots of vendors to check out.

Hikes in Rain
04-10-2011, 17:25
If you're not a hiker, consider these two fine alternatives:

Iron Horse Station (http://www.theironhorsestation.com/)

Springbrook Cottages (http://www.springbrookcottages.com/)

There are also three (?) B&Bs in the area. Really, shouldn't be an issue. Great little town.

tjforrester
04-10-2011, 19:38
If you were driving to Hot Springs for this coming weekend, to see the vendors, where would a good place be to stay (motel) or other? I have never been there, so have no idea but will google it and see what I come up with. If anyone would like to chime in, who has been there, feel free too. Also, good places to eat :)

thanks

You might try the Duckett house, depends on your pocketbook. You can also get a motel in Newport for quite a bit cheaper than in Hot Springs, but it's a 30 minute drive.

Hot Springs is a small town, not more than a half mile across in any direction.