PDA

View Full Version : Blue Collar Joes in Daleville, Va

Hikerhead
04-11-2011, 11:37
Your must stop for the best doughnuts on the trail was on The Food Network last night going against 3 other doughnut makers. He came in last. I can't believe he didn't win....those are the best doughnuts you will ever have. Just 1/4 mile past Krogers Shopping center from the tral crossing Rt 220.

Rain Man
04-11-2011, 14:43
Will be there in May finishing a section hike, so will look for this place. Thanks for the heads up!

Rain:sunMan

d.o.c
04-11-2011, 14:59
they were super cool last winter i was picking up a hiker walking down 220 right in front of blue collar joes and a girl walkd out gave the dog a doughnut and the hiker a smile and warm cup of joe... must say tho as a local mmmmmm best in the area hands down includeing roanoke. mmmmmmm doughnutsss (homer S voice) ha

Hikerhead
04-11-2011, 15:27
Will be there in May finishing a section hike, so will look for this place. Thanks for the heads up!

Rain:sunMan

Pick up a dozen at the start. Give some to your buddies and save a few for when you need a boost. Last hike I did J5MAN picked up a dozen and carried them to McAfee Knob, I think they taisted better up there.

d.o.c
04-11-2011, 15:30
Pick up a dozen at the start. Give some to your buddies and save a few for when you need a boost. Last hike I did J5MAN picked up a dozen and carried them to McAfee Knob, I think they taisted better up there.
i bet they did :)

Hikerhead
04-11-2011, 15:40
i bet they did :)

They really did, I could have ate a whole dozen. One was made out of Banana bread with lemon icing....Hmmmmmm!!

d.o.c
04-11-2011, 15:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4P1WPE-Qg ha

johnnybgood
04-11-2011, 17:45
They really did, I could have ate a whole dozen. One was made out of Banana bread with lemon icing....Hmmmmmm!!
Ok Don , now I know what to bring on our next hike . You carry the bottled refreshments and I'll carry the donuts. :banana

Hikerhead
04-11-2011, 18:25
Ok Don , now I know what to bring on our next hike . You carry the bottled refreshments and I'll carry the donuts. :banana

We'll have do to a Get Together in SNP one weekend. I'll bring the doughnuts.

Hikerhead
04-11-2011, 21:51
JBG...clean out your PM dude.