PDA

View Full Version : standing indian loop - trip report

neonshaw
04-11-2011, 12:34
Ok i am the guy the dumb question last week about what loop to do in the Standing Indian area when after all i needed to read the map and figure it out :sun

We parked at Standing Indian CG. I took my 15 yo daughter up the Lower Branch trail to Glassmine Gap, then SOBO on the AT to Lower Ridge trail and back down over to the CG over 3 days.

No record mileage but I am trying to introduce her to the ways of the trail. We spent the night at Big Spring and Carter Gap.

We had a great time at Carters Gap with about 20 thrus, all telling their stories about why they are doing the trail. Even though they (the thrus) had only met 9 days ago they seemed like they knew each other for years.

the view from Albert was awesome as usual. My kid now wants to thru hike after graduation from HS. :banana

JaxHiker
04-11-2011, 12:37
Glad to hear it went well. Sounds like she got the bug!

Buffalo Skipper
04-11-2011, 13:15
neonshaw,
Glad to hear you both had a good time. If she is truly intersted in going thru with you, check out this journal. It is of a high school senior who is about to SOBO with her father this June. Very good read so far.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=11351