PDA

View Full Version : Best way to wash gortex shoes?

swash
04-11-2011, 21:52
On my recent trip I trashed the inside of the shoes (tip: don't face the insole of your shoe facing outward in a vestibule during a rain storm...). Under on the very bottom layer inside my shoe (ie the gortex) there is spotted dirt which I can best describe as what spots of mole look like. What is the best way to clean this out? Is there some sort of shoe soap that I can buy? I'm guessing warm water and scrubbing should work fine. Thanks.

bulldog49
04-12-2011, 07:59
It it is mold, get a new pair of shoes! Otherwise, I'd just hand wash them. Who cares if a dirt stain remains inside a shoe?

dla
04-12-2011, 13:48
On my recent trip I trashed the inside of the shoes (tip: don't face the insole of your shoe facing outward in a vestibule during a rain storm...). Under on the very bottom layer inside my shoe (ie the gortex) there is spotted dirt which I can best describe as what spots of mole look like. What is the best way to clean this out? Is there some sort of shoe soap that I can buy? I'm guessing warm water and scrubbing should work fine. Thanks.

This may sound a little strange, but put them in the dishwasher and take them out about 1/3 of the way through the dry cycle. Use dishwasher soap as you would for a load of dirty dishes. I don't recommend leaving them in for the full dry cycle though as you run the risk of de-lamination. Just leave them in the dry cycle long enough to get very warm.