PDA

View Full Version : Windstopper Jackets

EastCoastFeastCoast
04-12-2011, 08:09
Hey fellas,

I'm looking to get a Windstopper jacket on clearance now that spring is here. What I'm looking for: A true windstopper shell, fairly lightweight for fall. I already have a good goretex heavyweight jacket, a goretex lightweight shell, a good fleece, and a down vest. Looking for something in between. Lightweight to midweight shell, doesn't have to be waterproof but water resistant would be nice. Also I don't want to spend much more than about 100 buckaroos. Any suggestions?

-Thanks

The Cleaner
04-12-2011, 10:59
I've got a Mountian Hardware Windstopper Tech & Synchro.Got the Synchro for town use&now the Tech goes on winter trips....

BSlayer
06-10-2011, 19:53
I've got a Marmot DriClime windshirt that I was going to sell, actually - but don't have enough posts!! Its an XL and I lost a bunch of weight, so its too big for me now. I only wore it once, its in new condition, perfect. Its 90 new, but I'll sell it for $60 shipped (in the US)

JimM
06-11-2011, 08:47
I found that I use my Marmot DriClime windshirt all the time. It packs up small, is lightweight and is very comfortable in a variety of weather conditions.

jrwiesz
06-11-2011, 10:53
Marmot DriClime windshirt.

Nuf said. :sun

AaronMB
06-11-2011, 11:46
Another vote for the Driclime.

Rocket Jones
06-11-2011, 12:41
Anyone make the Liberty Ridge windshirt kit (http://thru-hiker.com/kits/lr_shell_kit.php) at Thru-Hiker?

Wags
06-11-2011, 23:15
imo a "windstopper" fleece jacket is a waste of money. it's way too heavy for either product. get yourself a cheap windshirt. at 3-5ozs...

Dogwood
06-12-2011, 02:46
Eastcoastfeast, have you looked at some of the Montane or GoLite UL windstopper jackets and windshirts?

It really depends on what you are mainly looking to accomplish with a wind jacket. Even though I have two windshirts/jackets, one made by Marmot, the Marmot Ion, which I bought in winter for $12 on clearance!, and one made by Golite, the GoLite Wisp, which I think GoLite no longer makes or calls it that, I don't use them as much as I once did because technology has advanced to the pt where I can get a full rainjacket, like the Marmot Mica, that's decently breathable for only 3 or so ozs more that also doubles as my wind jacket! I only use my windshirts/jackets these days when layering or I'm positive NO RAIN is in the forecast.

EastCoastFeastCoast
06-12-2011, 18:02
I've since bought a Nike ACG windstopper jacket (I work for Nike, so I got a good deal). It's for around town, not for hiking. Thanks for all the input though!

Jay_NJ
06-15-2011, 21:21
Recently bought the GoLite Dakota Wind Shirt on sale for like $45 shipped. Real nice super light weight 3/4th zip jacket. Must note that I fluctuate between a small and a medium depending on the cut (i'm pretty slim), but the fit on this in a medium is fairly tight so sizing up wouldn't be a bad idea.

wvgrinder
07-14-2011, 14:30
I just picked up a Marmot DriClime windshirt @ sunnysports.com for 58.00. Free shipping too!!! :D

Cloudynesz
10-12-2011, 14:17
Mammut Ultimate Hoody could be a awesome choice, very sharp look, lightweight design.

SusanJoy
10-22-2011, 00:59
Windstopper jacket or waterproof depending on conditions. Windstopper is ideal for cold days, while a lightweight waterproof shell can always be carried in case of rain showers. Winter jackets will keep your body nice and warm but do remember to adequately protect other parts of your body.

EastCoastFeastCoast
10-22-2011, 02:57
Windstopper jacket or waterproof depending on conditions. Windstopper is ideal for cold days, while a lightweight waterproof shell can always be carried in case of rain showers. Winter jackets will keep your body nice and warm but do remember to adequately protect other parts of your body.

Always wear a cup!