PDA

View Full Version : You heard of this Alky Stove?

mybackpackingblog
04-14-2011, 16:29
I'm not one for promoting someone's product unless there is something in it for me...which there isn't on this one...However...I use the White Box Stove and love...it is a very popular alky stove and I am pretty sure most have heard of it or have one....

I was snooping around on ebay the other day and ran across this..."Scout Stove"....looks just like the WBS little brother...for half the price...so, I bought one...anyone ever heard of or use this? Mine just came in today. So, I have not messed with it.

I mean...if it works as good has the WBS...not a bad deal at all...
Check it out...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130502724619&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

mybackpackingblog
04-14-2011, 16:33
btw...the first part was a joke...for those that wanna beat me up...i promote companies product all the time if I like them...just being funny...relax...

ScrapIron
04-14-2011, 16:45
Let us know how that thing works out. I love my White Box Stove, but I would not mind getting my little boy something that is lighter, cheaper and works just as well.

Franco
04-14-2011, 18:41
As far as I know , the White Box stove was the first of that type. (design)
Since then I have seen many copies. Some the time size , others smaller.
However I respect that the fact that some time and effort went into making the original, so I would not buy a copy.
If you make one yourself for your own use than it is a different matter.
Franco

mybackpackingblog
04-14-2011, 19:04
As far as I know , the White Box stove was the first of that type. (design)
Since then I have seen many copies. Some the time size , others smaller.
However I respect that the fact that some time and effort went into making the original, so I would not buy a copy.
If you make one yourself for your own use than it is a different matter.
Franco

Yeah, I'm kinda with ya a little...I'm sure WBS has made enough to patent their product. Not sure if they have or what...But I opened the box today and everything is identical to WBS...Except for quality of course and it's 1.5" tall...still not bad...the windscreen and heat reflector are identical...Just seem a little (not much), but a little flimsy...

Not bad for $10+$2.75....

hike500
04-15-2011, 11:43
The next stove that would compare in quality to the WBS is the Gram Weenie Pro. It may be a knock off but it is smaller in diameter and serves a useful purpose for smaller pots that WBS doesn't.