PDA

View Full Version : rubbing me raw

goody5534
04-16-2011, 22:48
My pack is a Cabelas XPG 4000 IFP, I have done 3 -10 miles with this pack on with 20 to 50 lbs, as I am training for a 100 miler... BUT this pack is rubbing the top part of my keister (ass)in two quarter size spots that are in the same spot about 5 inches from each... This could be a big problem leading to infection on the trail. What can i do?

Dogwood
04-16-2011, 23:44
Rubbing me raw...No comment!

leaftye
04-17-2011, 00:04
It's probably the wrong size pack or it's incorrectly fitted. If you can't fix that, try lubing your ass. If that doesn't work, try taping the area with leukotape.

Doc Mike
04-17-2011, 05:23
I'm not sure about that pack but a good pack such as a gregory will have adjustable hip belt angles. Adjusting that should fix the problem assuming of course the pack is the right torso length for you.

Toolshed
04-17-2011, 07:10
So for this to happen, you need dampness and movement. Dampness might be from your underwear holding moisture to your body.... Are you wearing Cotton?

OK, next piece. If your pack is moving so much that with every step it chafes the top of your butt, then it seems like it is too low on your hips and perhaps also your hipbelt is too loose (Which could lead to it riding too low). Not familiar with the 4000, except that every time I go into Cabelas and look at gear, I notice that they are still made with lower end materials and more of a one fits all approach, with a multitude of adjustments.

I think you need to 1) measure your torso (Nape of neck to iliac crest - You might need someone to help you. then 2) check your measurements on the pack (Yoke to center-line hipbelt), and adjust accordingly or 3) take it to a backpacking shop and see if they can fit it. Some might scoff at you for buying gear somewhere else and bringing it to them, but I think most shops would see it as an opportunity to make a new customer and friend.

jrwiesz
04-17-2011, 09:54
Send it back to Cabelas. :sun