PDA

View Full Version : bacon cashing

mweinstone
04-17-2011, 21:04
can it be done. like for a thruhike. with no worry of bears and critters? were talking cold sections north and south.

Panzer1
04-17-2011, 21:44
if you stash it in a bear container and if its cold enough.

but animals will still smell it and hang around.

Panzer

Second Half
04-17-2011, 21:45
Raw, cooked, or already made into a BLT?

mweinstone
04-17-2011, 21:58
double smoked below freezing vacume sealed in bear canister weighted in rivers.

Tractor
04-17-2011, 22:23
Maybe have the bears guard the bacon in return for blueberry pies?

camojack
04-18-2011, 01:22
can it be done. like for a thruhike. with no worry of bears and critters? were talking cold sections north and south.
Most definitely...cache canned bacon (http://www.canned-bacon.com/).

I particularly appreciate the camouflage pattern variety cans...:jump

mweinstone
04-18-2011, 01:45
cammo said the cb word. canned bacon is something folks wanna try once who werent taken camping by strange old ww2 vets named uncle such and such who werent uncles or bacon lovers. had he ever once been exsposed to the salt packed strips of salt they pass as canned salt strips and sold under the guise of bacon,......he would fear the crap and look apon it as a source of deer lick salt witch is a better way to use it. one wiff of an open can and you know your dealing with a non food , mechanical oil for a rancid oiler machine oil oil strips of oil.

camojack
04-18-2011, 03:59
cammo said the cb word. canned bacon is something folks wanna try once who werent taken camping by strange old ww2 vets named uncle such and such who werent uncles or bacon lovers. had he ever once been exsposed to the salt packed strips of salt they pass as canned salt strips and sold under the guise of bacon,......he would fear the crap and look apon it as a source of deer lick salt witch is a better way to use it. one wiff of an open can and you know your dealing with a non food , mechanical oil for a rancid oiler machine oil oil strips of oil.
You are correct, I have never tried the stuff...but I do like the packaging:

mweinstone
04-18-2011, 06:11
um brother mo, short for cammo, endearing,...if im correct then i would tell folks to run for the hills. but then im never correct. so you my dear ca, fast for cammo, endearing,....must be incorrect. witch is something like pole shift. only happens so often to correct the uneversal balance. the short way to say it is, if you see matthewski correct, the end be neigh. if cammo corrects, peace and safty.
goodmorning! im interfool matthewski and im hear to be stuid.