PDA

View Full Version : Moonshine

The Kisco Kid
04-18-2011, 15:28
I was in the liquor store the other day and saw "moonshine" for sale, not the real thing but a commercial variety produced in Brooklyn that could be classified as "artisanal," and had the price tag to go along with it.

Gave me Springer Fever seeing it there.

Anyone care to share moonshine stories or know where to get some on the trail?

88BlueGT
04-18-2011, 15:34
Not sure about where to get moonshine on the trail (for some reason I feel that may be a difficult task) but I DID receive some peach infused moonshine while in Argentina over the winter, boooooooooooooooooy was it goooooooood!

WingedMonkey
04-18-2011, 15:54
I was in the liquor store the other day and saw "moonshine" for sale, not the real thing but a commercial variety produced in Brooklyn that could be classified as "artisanal," and had the price tag to go along with it.

Gave me Springer Fever seeing it there.

Anyone care to share moonshine stories or know where to get some on the trail?

Some how the words Made in Brooklyn and Moonshine just don't seem to be appropriate in the same sentence.
:-?

The Kisco Kid
04-18-2011, 16:08
Some how the words Made in Brooklyn and Moonshine just don't seem to be appropriate in the same sentence.

That's what I thought. It would be a bit like seeing bagels (with gravy) on the menu at Dot's in Damascus.

EastCoastFeastCoast
04-18-2011, 16:09
Two words: APPLE FREAKIN' PIE

(Yes, in Tennessee "freakin'" doesn't count.)

Sickmont
04-18-2011, 16:10

Kinda like Arizona Iced Tea is made in Brooklyn?

Badspeller
04-18-2011, 16:44
I live in Tennessee and here is the deal on shine... The stuff you get near Gatlingburg is shine but its licensed, If ya want real shine that isn't licensed..well ya got to now a few back ally connections . But for all intent and purpose, the over the counter shine is strong enough.. I have learned this, as I am from Arizona but lived in East Tennessee for the last two years...near a bunch of moonshiners..

Lone Wolf
04-18-2011, 16:51
plenty of untaxed likker in these parts

general
04-18-2011, 16:53
ain't no body that knows anything about good liquor gonna tell you anything about good liquor as long as yous callin' it moonshine.

Sickmont
04-18-2011, 16:55
Just make your own shine. A still isnt all that hard to make, actually.

WingedMonkey
04-18-2011, 16:57
And don't ever ask anyone at Trail Days what they are drinking in those jars.

:cool: