PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Reflex 1 Top pole issue

Leanthree
04-18-2011, 23:09
So I just got my Carbon Reflex 1 delivered from SNC and did a nice test set up to see how things go. Everything was super easy to follow but the top poll was a total pain to get in the top poll grommets. With a lot of muscle, I finally got them in (getting them out was a bit more difficult as well). It is a combination of me being terrified of breaking the carbon fiber polls, their stiffness, and that it is a short poll so that there isn't any leverage.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with this tent, and is it something that takes care of itself over time as the top panel stretches a bit. (really all I need is half an inch and it would be perfect.)

Once I got it up I was very happy with it. Roomy for a 1p, good size vestibule, light, uncomplicated.

Franco
04-19-2011, 02:53
OK, I don't know if this will help you, but ...
Insert the pole tip into the grommet at the opposite side you are standing. Now bend down the pole to the grommet on your side . When dismantling , also bend down the pole first , then disengage.
Franco

Leanthree
04-19-2011, 08:20
Will give that a shot, I guess I was standing on the side of the first grommet which could have caused some of the problem. Thanks!

Leanthree
04-19-2011, 08:20
Will give that a shot, I guess I was standing on the side of the first grommet which could have caused some of the problem. Thanks!