PDA

View Full Version : Sages Ravine clarification

Joker4ink
04-20-2011, 23:59
According to the Connecticut Walk Book West (from the Connecticut Forest & Park Association), crossing Sages Ravine Brook is the "official end of the AT's Connecticut section." However Sages is already in Mass. Even in the AT Thru-Hikers' Companion lists Sages in the Mass section. Do you consider the northern terminus of the CT portion at the actual CT/MA line or at Sages Ravine Brook?

Driver8
04-21-2011, 00:12
According to the Connecticut Walk Book West (from the Connecticut Forest & Park Association), crossing Sages Ravine Brook is the "official end of the AT's Connecticut section." However Sages is already in Mass. Even in the AT Thru-Hikers' Companion lists Sages in the Mass section. Do you consider the northern terminus of the CT portion at the actual CT/MA line or at Sages Ravine Brook?

The CT Chapter of the AMC maintains the trail south of the brook, so that is the dividing line between the CT and MA sections, even though the AT passes into Mass about 0.1 north of the north foot of Bear Mtn, between Old Northwest Road and the Paradise Lane Trail.

Joker4ink
04-21-2011, 00:36
Thanks for the clarification, Chris.

Driver8
04-21-2011, 01:27
Thanks for the clarification, Chris.

Happy to do it. When you getting back out that way? Still on the mend? I got out and enjoyed Bear and Prospect Mtns Sat and Sun. Prospect has some very pretty stretches.

Joker4ink
04-21-2011, 07:15
I am have tomorrow off so I am thinking of getting out tomorrow into Saturday. Are you going to be on the trail this weekend?

Driver8
04-21-2011, 07:40
Not sure. Definite maybe. Will either be out on AT or closer to home on Metacomet or Tunxis or some such.

Joker4ink
04-21-2011, 09:36
I am definately making it to the trail tomorrow...staying out on Saturday is yet to be determined, based on incoming thunderstorms that are predicted. If you are interested in getting out and want to shuttle cars, just let me know.