PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about this brand.

pdcollins6092
04-21-2011, 00:36
Has anyone uaed any of the hammocks on this site www.junglehammock.com and if so are they worth it. I was looking at the North American model.

Hikerhead
04-21-2011, 00:52
Has anyone uaed any of the hammocks on this site www.junglehammock.com and if so are they worth it. I was looking at the North American model.

Well worth it. A little heavier than others but it will be the only one you'll need for 3 or 4 seasons. No need for underquilts, just a little foam pad when it gets cold. I think it comes with the weathershield, if not get it to. I've had mine for about 10 years now.

ALLEGHENY
04-21-2011, 03:07
Had mine for five years, I slept through a thunder storm with 50 mph winds.

Made in the U.S.A. The best.:)

WILLIAM HAYES
04-21-2011, 22:17
have the Clark North American good hammock Bomb proof in bad weather with the weather shield zipped

TheYoungOne
04-28-2011, 13:24
That is a neat setup, I just wish the tarp was not so small.It gets nothing but glowing customer reviews online, so it might be worth the money.

Does anyone know if "storage" underneath the hammock can hold your pack, or is it only for smaller things.

bgraybackpacker
04-28-2011, 23:01
That might actually be a bit lumpy and affect not only comfort but hang. If you want to hang your hammock I would suggest some light weight material Rip Stop is good make it to about 2 feet longer than your pack. Sew a tube at either end and do something called whipping. Find more specific instructions on hammockforums.net. You can use some light weight cord and that should support the pack just fine and you can hang that right next to you, above your hammock or below you, this would give you better access to anything in your pack. I would suggest however that you get some light weight strong cord like amsteel then you can use the small hammock as a seat for small breaks.

tat44too
04-28-2011, 23:07
Can anyone tell me what the pack size is for one of these hammocks? I could find it on the website. Thanks a million...

medestar
05-02-2011, 11:35
The storage area will not hold a pack, except a small one without a frame, and empty. I have one of these, and although I liked it, but I am switching to a Warbonnet. What I would suggest is using the storage underneath for your clothing, and other soft items. The nice thing about it, is that you can put the items in there, then roll up the whole hammock (as long as you do not need access to it on the trail), and use that for packing. I did replace the tarp with a tarp from Cooke Custom Sewing.

TheYoungOne
05-02-2011, 14:04
Can anyone tell me what the pack size is for one of these hammocks? I could find it on the website. Thanks a million...

I don't have the specs, but here is a photo for a reference.

http://www.junglehammock.com/models/northamerican/images/phase_09.jpg

skoolbyrd
05-04-2011, 00:22
I love my UL hammock from Clark. Integrated netting plus large fly all in one package under $200 and 2 lbs. Not bad! Go NA model for three-four season use.

pdcollins6092
05-04-2011, 00:58
Thanks everyone for the input, I am new to hammocks and just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to spend more money for something that wasn't worth it. Y'all have helped make my mind up so I will be going with the North American model.

tat44too
05-04-2011, 01:18
Thank'ya muchly, TheYoungOne, that photo helps a ton. I appreciate it. Looks like it packs very small and that's what I wanted. May just have to try one out...