PDA

View Full Version : this whiteblaze.net site

DavidNH
01-22-2005, 10:37
First..I dont know who runs and maintains this site. Who is it?

I would like to tell them and everyone else here that I am grateful for the existance of this site. There is a wealth of information here and a very open minded atmosphere. Sadly, I can't say this about all places.. I have posted in Trailplace.com and found things rather different though I do not want to get intot that here.

White Blaze is truly among the net's finest hiking related sites!!

David (NHhiker)

orangebug
01-22-2005, 10:42
Head back to the Home Page and click on the first link for AT Troll (right there by the little message about Software Upgrade).

He and a bunch of minions provide a wonderful service to the community.

neo
01-22-2005, 15:03
yeah,i agree white blaze rocks,my favorite,medicine man turned me on to white blaze last year when i met him at the big dig in soddydiasy tenn,building the cumberland trail.:sun neo

wacocelt
01-22-2005, 15:13
This site would be alot better without all the Dirty Hippies, but we make do.

Jaybird
01-22-2005, 17:29
i agree NHhiker....not ENUFF hiker folks show appreciation to ATtroll (Rick) & "his minions"....(WOW, didnt know he had minions!)

but, anyway....this site IS one of the best for HIKING on the web.
Hands down! Thanks for saying it. :D

hikerjohnd
01-22-2005, 17:52
Do the minions carry your pack when you go hiking like a sherpa? :D

This site definitly rocks from the uncensored freedom to express opinions - about anything - regardless of your position. Other sites definitly have an agenda to advance -- not here!

Icicle
01-22-2005, 18:34
Giving the "international" view...this site has been a godsend! I haven't lived in the USA for 5 years and planning this hike has been easier with this website forum. I might not post a bunch, but I do READ!

Keep up the good work!!:)

art to linda
01-22-2005, 20:54
I looked at a lot of different sites before a friend told me about this one. White Blaze is the best of the ones that I checked out before and since. Here's to the great people that run it :clap ..... and here's to the great (and though some are rather different ;) ) people that that use and contribute to the site. You've kept it interesting and I have learned much from all of you :clap

wacocelt
01-22-2005, 20:55
Sheesh Linda, it's hard to maintain a bad attitude with folks like you posting! ;)

walkin' wally
01-22-2005, 21:46
Attroll and moderators thanks for all the work you do here at Whiteblaze!! :sun

Walkin Wally

Kozmic Zian
01-22-2005, 22:54
This site would be alot better without all the Dirty Hippies, but we make do.You're not serious.......of course.:confused:

Kozmic Zian
01-22-2005, 23:01
Yea.....We think so too. Bye the way, great to be back on line after a rather rough (to put it lightly) finish to '04. Folks will be soon to know that I am now a resident of the Great State of Florida. Yep, bought me a little 20acre inland island north of Tampa, near Weekee Wachie. Seems to suit me just fine. Migrating birds, campfires, old shead to work in, nice new place. Just got my furniture down, after a hell-of-a-move from VA. Nice to be all here now, and back on line.....be talking to all you guys more, soon. KZ@.

attroll
01-23-2005, 01:08
wbdent Thanks you all. But you all are the ones that run the site. We just have to step in once and a while to put things in the right perspective when things get carried away. Wow does that mean when I do my thru hike in 2010 that someone will carry my pack for me the whole way. Do I have volunteers to be minions to carry my pack the whole way. That would be really cool.

Saluki Dave
01-23-2005, 13:45
hey troll,

I think you should be soliciting volunteers to carry you down the trail in one of those royal litters. To heck with with ultralight; you could load up on the luxuries. Alas, however, I'm not available in 2010. :D

The Old Fhart
01-23-2005, 14:12
orangebug-"He (Attroll) and a bunch of minions provide a wonderful service to the community." Whoa there! If I ever called SGT Rock an "minion", I'd be in for a good butt whooping! :D

Seriously, great job.

SGT Rock
01-23-2005, 14:19
Thanks. I don'twant to blow my own horn. After all, ATTroll kept this site going during my absence and took it above my head with the software to the point it has took me almost a year to get up to speed on the new software. Rick really deserves most of the credit anyway...

As for minions, as far as I can remember, only Keroseen is still an active moderator.

ToeJam
01-23-2005, 14:28
Agreed on the kudos to this site AND more importantly all of the members, including Attroll and SgtRock ofr providing it for us. :)

...Wow does that mean when I do my thru hike in 2010 that someone will carry my pack for me the whole way. Do I have volunteers to be minions to carry my pack the whole way. That would be really cool...

GREAT idea! Umm, however, 2010 is looking a little overbooked for me right now too. I'll have to get back to ya...
;)

attroll
01-23-2005, 16:07
wbdent I did not mean to or concider SGT Rock a minion. I consider him a partner. So I hope it was not taken wrong. It was only a joke. I am no different then anyone of you. I just have to answer emails and deal with complaints and with the posts that get out of hand once and a while. Oh and updates. Besides that I log on here and read and post just like the rest of you. But if anyone does want to carry my pack during my thru-hike I will let them. LOL

wacocelt
01-23-2005, 16:09
But if anyone does want to carry my pack during my thru-hike I will let them.

If my wife and I have an RV by then we'll just slack you the whole way Troll! Shh, don't tell RnR... :D