PDA

View Full Version : ct and ma trail conditions

cricket71
04-21-2011, 18:49
heading out this weekend and I was wondering how the trail conditions are so I'll know what to expect. not really locked into a specific day due to the fact that I got the whole week off......woo hooo...The height of the housy or any ice there? feed back would be greatly appreciated..:D

adamkrz
04-21-2011, 19:06
Hiked most of CT. and Southern Mass. 2 weeks ago, Trail was in good shape with the some blowdows like every spring. Met lots of Boy Scouts doing weekend outings - Silver Hill campsite had over 70 campers..

The Housatonic was running high as was Sages but not as bad as other years have been.

Joker4ink
04-21-2011, 19:20
I'm heading out tomorrow morning to do the norther sections of CT. Maybe I'll catch you out there.

-Steve

One Half
04-21-2011, 22:03
Bring those wading pants fishermen wear if you intend to hike the section of trail betweem Jeruslaem Rd and Main Rd, tyringham as the marsh was knee deep where there were no walkways on Sunday. :)

Driver8
04-21-2011, 23:06
Clear on Undermtn Trail to Bear Summit, south approach this past Sat, small amt of frozen precip overnight Sat/Sun I heard, probably gone again. Great Falls to Giant's Thumb and Limestone Spring Trail all clear Sun. I hear Everett's north side had some snow. Race's mostly likely, too.

Driver8
04-21-2011, 23:07
I'm heading out tomorrow morning to do the norther sections of CT. Maybe I'll catch you out there.

-Steve

Looks like you and I don't overlap this weekend, Steve. Soon, though, soon!

cricket71
04-22-2011, 06:48
can't head out til sun. wife reminded me about our friends ingaugement party on sat.........poor kid, told em not to do it........just kiddin....whole week off to many many miles. What does not kill me will only make me weep.....have fun.:eek:

stretche
04-23-2011, 09:43
was just out there: There has been a lot of rain recently so sages is running really fast and high, parts of the trail are underwater, not many people were out (then again it was pouring and like 30 degrees), also pack warmly we had sleet at some point.

Migrating Bird
04-23-2011, 09:56
1/2" of snow, 35 degrees at 925 ft today just north of I90. i'm guessing at least a couple of inches above 1500ft.

Joker4ink
04-23-2011, 10:00
I was up in Corwall (past Pine Swamp Shelter) and the trail was excellent. No blow down, no snow and very little mud. I only saw one other guy on the trail, going southbound.

cthiker
04-24-2011, 21:51
Bring those wading pants fishermen wear if you intend to hike the section of trail betweem Jeruslaem Rd and Main Rd, tyringham as the marsh was knee deep where there were no walkways on Sunday. :)

Hey - saw you check in at the register just south of Rt 20 :-) Just did Jug End Rd to Rt 20 this weekend. The section around Tyringham wasn't that bad, but the walkways south of Shays Rebellion were well underwater. It snowed on Fri night, but by noon on Saturday it was all melted. The only other bits of snow I saw were in Ice Gulch/Tom Leonard shelter. Nothing on the trail.