PDA

View Full Version : Hip belt for a Breeze

wacocelt
01-22-2005, 15:11
Has anyone put a hip belt on a GoLite Breeze? If so did you make your own belt or scavenge one? I hear all the 05' models have a belt, I may check to see how they do it. I'm a bit nervous about undertaking this task however. My sewing skills are non-existent.

Wilbur
02-13-2005, 16:19
My girlfriend just sewed a hip belt on her Breeze and she loves it!! It was very easy.

hikerjohnd
02-13-2005, 16:39
I'm a bit nervous about undertaking this task however. My sewing skills are non-existent.
If you're that nervous - stop by a JoAnn's fabrics or a store that sells cloth/sewing stuff. I have found most of the ladies there will be happy to 'demonstrate' a sewing machine for you. I am always sure to provide a tip ($10-$20) for their time - the lady I go to here has bought a nice sewing machine and started a small side business from me and my friends using her services.

wacocelt
02-13-2005, 18:09
Thanks, but I recently up'weight'ed to a Gregory Shasta. GoLite sucks... IMHO.

hikerjohnd
02-13-2005, 19:16
Thanks, but I recently up'weight'ed to a Gregory Shasta. GoLite sucks... IMHO.
OK - then why did you start this thread? I'm a bit confused here...

wacocelt
02-14-2005, 00:28
If you check the top left corner of each post it tells you when it was posted, but I began this thread around 3 weeks ago. I had intended to make the best of the pack I had but I'm now much happier with a heavier and more supportive pack.

hikerjohnd
02-14-2005, 01:05
If you check the top left corner of each post it tells you when it was posted, but I began this thread around 3 weeks ago. I had intended to make the best of the pack I had but I'm now much happier with a heavier and more supportive pack.
Ladies and Gentlemen - We have comprehension! :D