PDA

View Full Version : workingperson.com= bad bussiness

Penguin
04-22-2011, 16:56
As a heads up, I just ordered 4 pairs of insoles from this company for my hike, Working Person's Store. They sent me four pairs of the wrong insole. Completely different then what I ordered. They had them listed on sale for a lot less then what I could by them for locally, and offered free shipping.

The problem, they don't want to offer me a refund or exchange since what I ordered was a sale item.

So even though they sent me a different product then what I ordered, they are still screwing me out of $56.92

I'm sure I can get it straightened out Monday when the manager will be allegedly available, though if the bum isn't at work during normal hours today, a weekday, that shows what a worthless company this truly is.

Many Walks
04-22-2011, 19:02
You could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/us/

Skidsteer
04-22-2011, 19:38
I'm sure I can get it straightened out Monday when the manager will be allegedly available, though if the bum isn't at work during normal hours today, a weekday, that shows what a worthless company this truly is.

Maybe not. Today is Good Friday after all.

Penguin
04-22-2011, 20:17
Forgot about the good Friday thing. I finally got them to agree to the exchange, but the lady said she was risking her job authorizing it. Don't see how an exchange on a product that's hasn't been used at all is risky, but glad they agreed.

88BlueGT
04-22-2011, 20:35
Wow thats horrible. I would wait until Monday, call, and see what comes out of it. If not, definitely file a complaint with the BBB. Not that its going to benefit you much but it will make you feel a little better :rolleyes:

Nothing makes me more angry than half-ass'd companies!

TexasEd
04-22-2011, 21:21
Yeah, a lot of people take good Friday off. Don't rush to judgement until you talk to the boss.

88BlueGT
04-22-2011, 22:12
Hes not really judging though, they denied him the first time and thats enough to make a customer unhappy... completely uncalled for. I'd be PO'ed.

Chop
04-22-2011, 23:05
Yeah, a lot of people take good Friday off. Don't rush to judgement until you talk to the boss.

I'd have to concur with the above. I have had plenty of folks be completely sure they ordered one thing, only to find out in discussion that they had made a
mistake (admitted) when they were ordering from the website.

Not saying that is the case with your situation, but some businesses have a protocol in place to know if the correct items shipped (video of packing table). You may be dealing with some lousy folks, but it is worth it to have the chat with the mgr, if that is offered.

Spider
04-23-2011, 17:39
Another example of the age old saying "if it seems too good to be true, it's not."

Tired but walking!
04-25-2011, 09:51
I happen to know the lady in question, she normally works every day during normal business hours unfortunately her son was taken into hospital on Wednesday night seriously ill and has been in intensive care since, luckily the news is he is getting better and was taken off life support but he was touch and go for a while, believe me there is no way I would describe this lady as a bum! A concerned and distracted mother perhaps, but I don't think that is a bad thing!

88BlueGT
04-25-2011, 10:01
Glad to hear her son is better, but maybe she shouldn't have been at work in the first place. I think a severely sick child constitutes a day or two off.

Tired but walking!
04-25-2011, 10:25
Sorry I wasn't clear the person I was referring to was the manager and why she wasn't there on Good Friday or today, but honestly my advice is just call them, they are usually pretty good. I find if they screw up they fix their mistakes, if you don't have any luck just ask to speak to someone past the original person you speak to, they are far from perfect but I always found them to be honest and sincere.