PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone was paying attention....

Icicle
01-22-2005, 18:00
I posted a while back about when we would start the Trail....

My husbands visa was DENIED by the American Embassy in London...something about my income stopping when we leave the country...(I make about $45K a year factoring the exchange rate!!)...SO hoping my brother come through as a sponsor...we are still on track for a March departure from the UK.

The Deptartment of Homeland Security is now known as the "Department of Homeland Scare Tactics" as far as I am concerned!

Sorry to post a political topic...but this really SUCKS! Especially after spending 7 hours at the US Embassy in London only to find out that my husband was being DENIED entry! (and this was AFTER we paid $355.00 for the damn thing!)

All we want to do is walk in the woods...and mountains, and dales..... :mad:

neighbor dave
01-22-2005, 18:06
sorry to hear that! go to brazil, then follow all the illegals through mexico to the U.S. they've got it down pat.
p.s. i come from and live in a blue state! i won't git into what i think about the current administration!!!
if it were up to me i'd say....:welcome

Icicle
01-22-2005, 18:09
sorry to hear that! go to brazil, then follow all the illegals through mexico to the U.S. they've got it down pat.
p.s. i come from and live in a blue state! i won't git into what i think about the current administration!!!
if it were up to me i'd say....:welcomeNah...we gonna do this legal like...after all I am an American!!!!!! ( for whatever that is WORTH these days!)...

Thanks for the welcome and we will fly over come hell or high water on March 3RD!!! ;)

As far as the current admin...I'm mum's the word.... ;)

****E! ;) (that should read S H I T E !!!) ;)

neighbor dave
01-22-2005, 18:17
the time i was hitchin' a ride on a truck goin' across the channel. when we got to england the immigration guy told me to git out of the truck. so there i wa sittin' in a fenced in area at the cliffs of dover,when the guy calls me in from the doorway to the building. i was furious,and young, so when he brought me into his office he was talkin' to someone on the telly quote"ya ,i have the bloke in my office". when he got off the phone i told him his office smelled like a dog pound!!!!! he said to me "that's because of the scum we have to handle"!!!! that was back in 1978!! he he he he then after some questioning,he let me go!!:jump :banana :clap :jump
see you on the trail!!! i'll be there

Icicle
01-22-2005, 18:27
he said to me "that's because of the scum we have to handle"!!!! that was back in 1978!! he he he he then after some questioning,he let me go!! Yeah, but we are TRYING to do this LEGAL like...and the b'tards at the Embassy are treating us like second rate peeps.....again due to the "Office of Homeland Scaremongering".....

Oh well, we are coming over anyway...and I know my brother will come through..it's just a pain in the arse to have to go such lengths to hike the trail....<sigh>

woolfie and GG
01-25-2005, 16:35
We have our trip to the embassy in feb any tips? Irish and british passport holders?
I do have a brother that is a 'legal alien' and can help if needed? Do you both have jobs to come back to?
We both have Sabbaticals and are expected back in work one year from our departure date.
GG

Icicle
01-25-2005, 16:42
We have our trip to the embassy in feb any tips? Irish and british passport holders?
I do have a brother that is a 'legal alien' and can help if needed? Do you both have jobs to come back to?
We both have Sabbaticals and are expected back in work one year from our departure date.
GG
Well with the visa fiasco at the moment with the biometric passports and unsure time limits....we went ahead with the I-130 visa like we were moving there....so as far as the Embassy is concerned we are moving to the USA. With the HB-1 holiday visa you can get between 6-12 months, but it depends on the mood of the immigration person at the port of entry. The I-130 is for 2 years.

My husband will be on unpaid leave, I am quitting my job (of course they have said they are "unofficially" holding my job for me.)

Which visa are you going for?

woolfie and GG
01-27-2005, 19:39
hb-1 visa for 6-12 mths.

Icicle
02-02-2005, 09:12
hb-1 visa for 6-12 mths.
Well good luck! Hopefully you won't have any trouble! Getting that visa in itself is simple...just getting the right amount of time is the tricky bit! It's up to the person stamping at immigration at your port of entry as to whether or not you get the full 12 months!

That's why we went for the settlement visa - it's good for 2 years full stop.

Enjoy the Embassy! ;)