PDA

View Full Version : Who's been fined- part 2

V Eight
04-23-2011, 12:28
What The F!

I started to read the original “Who’s been fined” thread, got about half way through
page 2, and took a phone call. 45 Minutes later, I come back finish page 2, try to go to
page 3. I get taken back to a VERY different page 1. In the time I was on the phone, the thread went from 80 some odd post to 7.

Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed. I understand that the tread was started
in the “straight forward” area and it had some drift. I’ve seen much worse drift on WB and it did not disappear. To just eliminate 70 some posts is just BS

The subject matter of that thread is completely irrelevant to the kind of censorship that just happened.

Now after a year and a half of reading this forum, I have to question EVERYTHING I’ve ever read on this site! Now I have to wonder if what I have been reading was edited by some Moderator to fit their view on any given subject. How am I to know the difference? The people that come to the site after the “moderation” will have no idea that they where not able to see those 70 post.

I had read about this kind of thing going on here but this was the first time I actually experienced it.

Not that 99% of you will care, but I think that this kind of “moderation” is completely
BULL$HIT

oops56
04-23-2011, 12:34
yup it has happen to me i post a reply next thing you know its gone we all have a voice good or bad

WingedMonkey
04-23-2011, 13:03
I would give you my opinion on the matter or tell you what I had posted there, but...Winged Monkeys have learn to step aside when water is thrown on the witch.

Toli
04-23-2011, 13:05
What The F!

I started to read the original “Who’s been fined” thread, got about half way through
page 2, and took a phone call. 45 Minutes later, I come back finish page 2, try to go to
page 3. I get taken back to a VERY different page 1. In the time I was on the phone, the thread went from 80 some odd post to 7.

Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed. I understand that the tread was started
in the “straight forward” area and it had some drift. I’ve seen much worse drift on WB and it did not disappear. To just eliminate 70 some posts is just BS

The subject matter of that thread is completely irrelevant to the kind of censorship that just happened.

Now after a year and a half of reading this forum, I have to question EVERYTHING I’ve ever read on this site! Now I have to wonder if what I have been reading was edited by some Moderator to fit their view on any given subject. How am I to know the difference? The people that come to the site after the “moderation” will have no idea that they where not able to see those 70 post.

I had read about this kind of thing going on here but this was the first time I actually experienced it.

Not that 99% of you will care, but I think that this kind of “moderation” is completely
BULL$HIT

ROTFLMAO...What took you so long to figure it out???

V Eight
04-23-2011, 13:07
Winged Monkeys have learn to step aside when water is thrown on the witch.

Is that what I've done? Oh My! :rolleyes:

Tuckahoe
04-23-2011, 13:21
A quick glance and the TOS or the rules for the forums would quickly clue folks into the fact that the "straight forward" folder is more heavily moderated than any of the other folders. The OP's question was simpy "has anyone been fined" and anything beyond that is off topic as far as that forum is concerned. Straight forward doesnt really permit the drift and off topic discussions that are generally permitted in the other forums.

Wise Old Owl
04-23-2011, 13:24
Welcome to WB. All is good.

Its sort of like Hans Solo in Star Wars shooting the intercom after "All is fine down here"

Driver8
04-23-2011, 13:55
I've seen the bird lover drop a dime before. Some people love rules more than people and fellowship. Seeking rules, order and control in the wilderness, evidently. They can't unsay what was said, however, nor can they control minds. I disapprove.

88BlueGT
04-23-2011, 14:03
What should have happened is the entire thread should of been moved (WITH PERMISSION FROM THE OP) to the General section and everyones posts should have been left where they were. Kind of *****ty that so many posts were deleted. We were having an open discussion, and a good one at that. Many opinions flying around, heated debates, etc. it was good stuff! Now its all gone :( damn.

fredmugs
04-23-2011, 17:40
OP here. I had no problem with the responses.

Selective moderation is why I quit going to trail place after wingfoot left.

Uh oh - just opened another can of worms.

88BlueGT
04-23-2011, 17:51
^^^ banned for life!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Toli
04-23-2011, 18:15
I've seen the bird lover drop a dime before. Some people love rules more than people and fellowship. Seeking rules, order and control in the wilderness, evidently. They can't unsay what was said, however, nor can they control minds. I disapprove.

Tru dat brother...

Lone Wolf
04-23-2011, 20:21
What The F!

BULL$HITstart your own site and run it your way. none of these AT sites are needed for AT info.

JAK
04-23-2011, 20:23
... and be thankful there were no fines.

kayak karl
04-23-2011, 21:43
it was an a-hole post from the start. why continue it?

Phreak
04-23-2011, 22:33
start your own site and run it your way. none of these AT sites are needed for AT info.
Exactly! No one is forced to use WB.

txag
04-24-2011, 00:24
"Rule of the Internet" #25:

Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

skooch
04-24-2011, 19:11
it was an a-hole post from the start. why continue it?

I didnt think so. Let's here how it really is out there. Warts and all.

sheepdog
04-24-2011, 19:14
be sure to keep your tinfoil hat on and you'll be ok.

88BlueGT
04-25-2011, 09:58
It wasn't an a-hole thread. There was just a few people with different opinions, all of them arguing their side, doesn't mean it was a bad thread. I think many people learned something from that thread.

Oh yea, and having the 'too bad, you don't have to be here or use WB' attitude is pretty immature and *****ty. Next time you dislike something or have ANYTHING to complain about, just remember to keep it to yourself because you don't HAVE to post here and when you see something on the trail you dislike, don't complain about it because you don't HAVE to hike there either. See where I'm getting at?

skooch
04-25-2011, 10:24
I get u Blue and most others do too. Truthfully WB is my first experience w/any type of social networking. I have not always enjoyed my time here. Sometimes the naysayers and nastiness make it impossible to learn anything from others. I don't blame the mods. I don't believe I will continue to post as a hobby when I finish my AT hike. Too bad cause I may have something to offer.

Alligator
04-25-2011, 10:37
A quick glance and the TOS or the rules for the forums would quickly clue folks into the fact that the "straight forward" folder is more heavily moderated than any of the other folders. The OP's question was simpy "has anyone been fined" and anything beyond that is off topic as far as that forum is concerned. Straight forward doesnt really permit the drift and off topic discussions that are generally permitted in the other forums.This is a good explanation. There are specific forum rules in the forum title description, a sticky describing the SF rules, and the SF forum background is also white to let users know the forum is different. We feel that this is a very reasonable level of notice for that forum.

Also, a reminder that there is a user agreement here, this thread breaks #3.