PDA

View Full Version : It's just a little cramp. I hope.

The Counselor
04-25-2011, 23:28
Leaving in six days for our little week on the trail and pulled up lame in a run tonight. Nothing popped but it seems a little more severe than your average cramp. Not that it matters at this point. I whipped up this little adventure, recruited the other three and have planned for several months - so I will be hiking, lame or not. Gear's been checked and re-checked, listed and re-listed. Yes, we are bringing lawyers, guns and money but I may better add extra ibuprofen and bourbon.

Looks to be some fairly cool weather in the mountains next week which I like.

Sure hope whatever this is that's ailing me clears up before Sunday. Otherwise, it'll be time to man up to say the least. Might have to change my trail name to Grimace.

fredmugs
04-26-2011, 10:57
You'll be fine. I can't recall how many times something was killing me right before a hike and then once I stepped foot on the trail it all went away. Very therapuetic.

Spokes
04-26-2011, 12:21
Phantom running pain? I get that all the time before a marathon. Go easy at the start. It'll be fine.

Cheers!

44terryberry
04-26-2011, 16:17
Increase your water intake,and take some rest

sbhikes
04-26-2011, 20:40
You always hurt yourself right before a big adventure like this. It usually goes away once you start your adventure.

The Counselor
04-26-2011, 21:27
I did have the thought that it is probably the timing that has me sensitive about it. I've run 11 marathons and am the king of phantom pain during every taper. Although I actually injured this calf last year and had to pull out of a two day/overnight relay so I know it's not just a mind thing. But if I rest it all week, I'm sure it'll be fine. Pretty sure.

The mind-body dynamic is a facinating thing that's for sure.