PDA

View Full Version : Ways to kill a tick

Panzer1
04-26-2011, 00:47
1) - place a tick in the center of a large piece of paper.
- set the corner of the paper on fire.
- watch as the fire gets close to the tick. he tries to run but can't outrun the flame. The fire burns his legs off and singes him. He dies a slow painful death. (this is the authors favorite way)

2) - The most common method:
- crush the tick
- death is quick and painless
- germs can still be spread by their blood and guts

3) - if its a big fat tick:
- stick him with a pin and then pin him to a piece of wood.
- he will wiggle for hours

4) - put the tick in a zip lock baggie
- place the baggie in the micro wave oven
- set oven to quick cook
- nuke him for 10-15 seconds or until he pops

5) - flushing down the toilet alive.
- interesting enough, this does not quickly cause them to die. They can live on in the sewerage stream. Obviously, they will die eventually, but they can live on without air for a while.

add your favorite methods below:

Panzer (I'm nazi about ticks)

Tinker
04-26-2011, 00:50
I've never heard someone make killing a tick sound so sadistic! :)

TIDE-HSV
04-26-2011, 01:00
I've never heard someone make killing a tick sound so sadistic! :)

I didn't think they were sadistic at all. I've used other methods which are more lengthy. I'm not sure they can feel pain. I hope they can...

Digger'02
04-26-2011, 09:58
This is the single best thread on WB that I have ever read. I am so proud of all of you. Hugely entertaining.

1. smashing is very fulfilling
2. burning is equally fulfilling
3. placing a small tick on a large tick is something that i want to do.
4. the "caveman" style pounding is nice.
5. I love this thread.

hikerboy57
04-26-2011, 10:13
put the tick in "the comfy chair"

ChinMusic
04-26-2011, 10:33
Have the tick walk a few inches on my permethrin-treated clothing.

Doc Mike
04-26-2011, 10:39
Roasting gives such a satisfying "pop"

fredmugs
04-26-2011, 10:51
I didn't think you could kill one by crushing it with your fingers. I thought you had to burn them or deprive them of a host.

Jersey Tim
04-26-2011, 10:58
Have the tick walk a few inches on my permethrin-treated clothing.
There's my favorite. Nukes their little nervous systems like a tiny electric chair.

steve43
04-26-2011, 11:58
Dropped into a jar of rubbing alcohol. Death is quick. I have two dogs that seem to be tick magnets. Every day we a have a "tick pickin" and keep the jar handy. By the end of the season the jar becomes rather crowded and unsightly. Hate them ticks!

fifo

Sickmont
04-26-2011, 12:30
I use my fingernails to rip them apart. Put said tick on your index fingertip, then using both thumbnails press down hard on siad tick then SLOWLY spread your thumbnails apart while maintaining pressure on said tick and VIOLA! You'll have drawn and quartered the little bastage.

jeffmeh
04-26-2011, 12:31
I use the jar of rubbing alcohol also. I think the record for a 1 hour jaunt in the local woods with the 2 dogs was 36 ticks, but I ran out of fingers and toes. I appreciate the white dogs when I am tick hunting.

sbhikes
04-26-2011, 12:38
I'm sorry but even though I do not like ticks, I think that all this is really cruel. Why not just flick them off you and leave it at that? They are not targeting you out of sadistic cruelty so why respond in kind? Cruelty such as this is only a poison you drink yourself hoping it kills another.

hikerboy57
04-26-2011, 12:44
use a flamethrower to incinerate the host.

ChinMusic
04-26-2011, 12:51
I use my fingernails to rip them apart. Put said tick on your index fingertip, then using both thumbnails press down hard on siad tick then SLOWLY spread your thumbnails apart while maintaining pressure on said tick and VIOLA! You'll have drawn and quartered the little bastage.
While I agree with the thought behind such a drawing and quartering, know that you now could have disease-causing remains on your fingers just looking for a breach in your skin's defenses.

Sickmont
04-26-2011, 13:05
use a flamethrower to incinerate the host.

Best. Answer. Yet.

Sarcasm the elf
04-26-2011, 13:45
Always wondered, is it possible for a human host to drink enough to get the ticks too drunk to hold on?

ChinMusic
04-26-2011, 13:50
Always wondered, is it possible for a human host to drink enough to get the ticks too drunk to hold on?

I say the next person who gets a tick should try it out and report back

hikerboy57
04-26-2011, 13:50
I can tell you weed doesnt seem to affect them at all, in fact, it seems to increase their appetite.

ChinMusic
04-26-2011, 13:52
I can tell you weed doesnt seem to affect them at all, in fact, it seems to increase their appetite.
Literally had me spitting Diet Coke.

Well done sir.

Rick500
04-26-2011, 13:55
I drown them in alcohol. Quick, clean.

I hate 'em, but it's not their fault they're ticks.

Panzer1
04-26-2011, 13:56
They are not targeting you out of sadistic cruelty so why respond in kind?

because we are sadistically cruel on ticks. lol

Panzer

kayak karl
04-26-2011, 13:59
strap the tick to a chair and make it watch ALL of yo-yo's vid's.:D
http://www.youtube.com/user/iconhiker#p/u/0/Y1ma5znJTs0

kanga
04-26-2011, 15:04
christ, the tick would kill himself!

kanga
04-26-2011, 15:06
also, panzer, i am very surprised you would bother wasting a piece of paper to kill a tick. poor poor trees. dying for your sadism.
seriously, just put the tick on a rock and apply lighter flame. after a couple of seconds, he'll explode. i guess the paper's just so you can see him better?

Sickmont
04-26-2011, 15:11
also, panzer, i am very surprised you would bother wasting a piece of paper to kill a tick. poor poor trees. dying for your sadism.
seriously, just put the tick on a rock and apply lighter flame. after a couple of seconds, he'll explode. i guess the paper's just so you can see him better?

No point in commiting such brutal and sadistic "Tickicide" if you cant revel in the visuals as well, right? :D

Panzer1
04-26-2011, 16:26
i guess the paper's just so you can see him better?

yea, the burning paper is so he has a fair chance to run for it. lol. and so you can get a good look at him as he runs.

Panzer

BJStuart
04-26-2011, 16:29

I use alcohol too, but it seems that they take a little while to stop wriggling for me.

44terryberry
04-26-2011, 16:33
put `im on a pan on the stove, and slowly turn up the heat

Panzer1
04-26-2011, 16:42

with this method they can run but will have nowhere to hide. :banana

Panzer

mweinstone
04-26-2011, 16:57
how to kill a tick and defeat his comrads will to fight

a technical manual prepared for the appalachian trail community

by matthewski weinstone
with forward by" annonymous"

forward:
it was early in the fall of 76 or 77 i first met the man that would save my life by impaleing me with a needle and thread. he quickly and efficiently tied a knot and pulled it thru my abdomin from my sternum and secured it to my body leaving a tail of 2 feet of thread. next he pulled me up off the ground and hung me on an overhanging branch at eye level on the trail with a note that said, enemy tic captured this day. and the date and time and number of confirmed tic kills to date,(tktd). if not for matthewski, my life as a vampire blood sucking tic would have continued for days even weeks. he gave me peace and a respectable death. he asked me to write the forward for his book about tics so i did. thank you human matthewski.
tic 432445

chapter one: allways thred a tic alive and hang with note in full veiw............

Entropy2012
04-26-2011, 17:07

Add a drop of oil and you've got pan fried tick on the menu. Carbolicious :D

ChinMusic
04-26-2011, 17:07
When I saw that Matty had a post in this thread, I knew it had to be good.

Skidsteer
04-26-2011, 17:18
I'm sorry but even though I do not like ticks, I think that all this is really cruel. Why not just flick them off you and leave it at that? They are not targeting you out of sadistic cruelty so why respond in kind? Cruelty such as this is only a poison you drink yourself hoping it kills another.

I pray you never meet a zombie.

Two Tents
04-26-2011, 17:37
I used to have a tiny carved couch complete with tiny couch cushions. I'd lie them on the couch and ask questions to see if I could find out what made them tick. I lost the couch somewhere in the 100 mi wilderness, so I never did draw any conclusions. We need oil not Polar bears.

mweinstone
04-26-2011, 20:10
one of the most satisfiing tick kills is the launch. launching a tick is just plain satisfiing. to launch a tick, you will need:
book of paper matches
paper clip
small peice of tin foil
live tick

make a standard match rocket with paperclip launcher but put the tic in the foil on the matchhead. when the rocket launches, the tic exsplodes from the g force combined with the heat and gives a satisfiing "report".
examination of the inner foil will find the complet yet shattered tick rendered shrapnel.

mweinstone
04-26-2011, 20:20
one of the most ambishious tic deaths to be enjoied is the tic feeding. to create your own holiday tic fun and feed, you will need:
a dozen live ticks or more
peanut butter
pine cone
string
parifin or bees wax candle
matches

make a standard peanut butter pine cone squirrle feeder
instead of nuts or suit, drip wax on ticks and apply to cone. wax will not kill the tic nor prevent air from keeping it alive. with the wax covered tics stuck on to the cone, in a few minutes you will see movement. an arm lleg or head will free from the wax and wiggle forrever. stuck, but alive. and surrounded by peanutbutter and squirrles on there way. its just plane fun for all ages.

sheepdog
04-26-2011, 20:44
now at's funny rait thar!!:D

skooch
04-26-2011, 21:11
squishy squishy

ChinMusic
04-26-2011, 21:33
now at's funny rait thar!!:D
California thing...........?:D

karo
04-27-2011, 00:30
Make the tick sit behind a computer and read WB threads all day, he will die soon,lol.

Tuckahoe
04-27-2011, 01:30
Heat 1 1/2 inch flat stock to a yellow heat. Drop said tick onto yellow hot iron and watch his attempt to make a run for it.

CrumbSnatcher
04-27-2011, 07:46
how to kill a tick?
make him wear an internal frame backpack
that should do the job! :)

Panzer1
04-27-2011, 11:40
ticks serve no useful purpose. They are pathogens. They make lives miserable for the animals that they infect. Causing pain, discomfort and sometimes death. They are not a worthwhile part of the environment. if ticks were to somehow become extinct as a species/genus, then the world would be a better place.

Panzer
(ps. they are also ugly)

Pony
04-27-2011, 14:09

I see you've never hiked in the mid-atlantic during the height of tick season.;)

I'm a pretty peaceful guy, and if you don't mess with me I'll leave you alone. However, I delight in murdering those little beasts. They are at the top of my list of most hated critters, followed by deer flies, horse flies, no-seeums, mosquitos, and of course black flies.

Harrison Bergeron
04-28-2011, 13:25

How do you know that tick wasn't Saddam Hussein on his last gig?

Harrison Bergeron
04-28-2011, 13:42

Actually, I have a theory about that.

I think existance is a much bigger thing than we are capable of directly perceiving. I think the world we are aware of is really just a 4th-dimensional projection of an n-dimensional universe, in which people, gods, angels and demons all exist -- although possibly imperceptible to us directly. My theory is that ticks, mosquitos, flys, gnats, and other such vermin that basically serve no purpose other than to annoy humans, are merely the 4th-dimensional projections of demons into this plane of existance.

So killing them in the most horrifying way possible actually banks GOOD karma for your next cycle through the 4th dimension.

Of course, it's just a theory. I may have read it on Snopes or something...

Chicken Feathers
04-28-2011, 13:49
Have the tick walk a few inches on my permethrin-treated clothing. Sure hope Permetrin works will give it a try starting my hike in Harpers Ferry May 20. Those bastards ended my hike last year (Lyme Disease).

Chicken Feathers
04-28-2011, 13:56
put `im on a pan on the stove, and slowly turn up the heat Would not waste my fuel on those Bastards just put them on a rock and pile drive another rock on top of them

Spider
04-28-2011, 14:55
Ticks may be really annoying and trust me I hate them just as much as the next guy, but that doesn't offer any excuse to purposely cause pain on another living thing. Just as it is necessary for us to rid ourselves of them for our well-being, it is necessary for them to feed. They're really just doing what they were meant to do, and that's no means for cruel and unusual punishment.

hikerboy57
04-28-2011, 15:00
how do you know they feel pain?they certainly cause a bit.But thats why I suggested putting them in the comfy chair.

woodsy
04-28-2011, 16:11
I just pulled one off the back of my neck and cut it in two with a SS Gerber on the kitchen table.

Panzer1
04-28-2011, 16:25
I just pulled one off the back of my neck and cut it in two with a SS Gerber on the kitchen table.

you have to watch out for that. getting a tick bite on the back of your neck can sometimes lead to paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick_paralysis

Panzer

Panzer1
04-28-2011, 16:28
They're really just doing what they were meant to do, and that's no means for cruel and unusual punishment.

but I also feel that I am doing what I was meant to do. I was meant to kill ticks.

Panzer
ps also, cruel punishment is usual for ticks.

hikerboy57
04-28-2011, 16:33
but I also feel that I am doing what I was meant to do. I was meant to kill ticks.

Panzer
ps also, cruel punishment is usual for ticks.
bravo! besides, Im pretty certain ticks will outlive the human race, so whats one or two million less ticks?

woodsy
04-28-2011, 16:48
you have to watch out for that. getting a tick bite on the back of your neck can sometimes lead to paralysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick_paralysis

Panzer

:eek:

Had not been on me long enough to dig in and bite.

And it will never bite again. ;)

Rick500
04-28-2011, 23:24
I'm with ya, Spider.

mweinstone
04-29-2011, 01:53
tic.
the word.
it hurts.
love.
thats better.
tic tic tic.
stop it.
tic tic tic.
please.
tic.

RETCW4
04-29-2011, 10:32
I cut off their heads and put them on a stick to display for others of their kind to see.

Panzer1
04-29-2011, 16:07
I'm with ya, Spider.

yes, of course. after all, the spiders are related to the ticks. :D
They both have 8 legs and suck.
I remember that from high-school biology.

Panzer

Dances with Mice
04-29-2011, 19:06
I sign'em up on WhiteBlaze and make them read this thread.

freshpots
04-30-2011, 09:30
I dehydrate them and save em for my thru hike, ULTRA lightweight

mweinstone
04-30-2011, 21:02
i test my bood alot. my pinkys have alot of holes in them after so many years. sometimes i can just squeeze without lanceing. so i got to thinking. my fingers dont have any feeling left in them on those spots , so i could easily drip out like a bottlecap of blood and,..well...i think we all know where im going. sort of a mafia style drowning.

then i thaught about a peice of cotch tape over a tic , on a record spinning. that might be nice. or some freezer ticks. freezer tics might be fun to see if they reanimate. i wanna put a tic inside one of those gumball prize bubbles and tie a rock to it and chuck it in the river with a float on the line so i can watch it suffer.

mweinstone
04-30-2011, 21:08
i invision a machine i will build as a peice of art of sorts one day.
a fan blows warm air over a pool of blood atracting tics far and wide.
the blood is poisoned. they drink and die and form an island of bodys that when set out in the pine barrens in a place i know during ticweek,.....the resulting island of tics would grow to be visible from an airplane above witch would photograph it and make a poster , the profits of witch would go to fund research into the speciesoside of tics.