PDA

View Full Version : Rough estimate on articles of clothing used

travisap
04-26-2011, 11:13
As you saw in the title 'Rough estimate'

I know everyone uses different gear but about how many pairs of socks, t-shirts, shorts/pants and base layer/long underwear did you go through?

Montana Mac
04-26-2011, 11:27
From GA to NH I replaced two pair of socks and my boots.

4shot
04-26-2011, 11:57
clothing list (not all carried at one time): 2 pair convertible pants, 2 pair shorts, 2 pair of long sleeve base layer shirts, 1 pair of base layer long pants, 3 t-shirts, 4 pair of socks, 4 pair of boots, down coat (went the whole trip and served as a pillow),lightweight fleece pullover, rain coat and pants, wool hat and gloves, cotton boxers to sleep in. Discarded the underwear pretty quickly.

everything survived the trip but the boots and 1 pair of socks. I threw the t-shirts away at the end and as I said, I obviously didn't have the complete list the entire time (except puffy and rain coat and boxer shorts). I mixed it up through maildrops as conditions changed. the base layer and shorts/t-shirt were of the Target/Wally World variety and held up well. Good value items.

sbhikes
04-26-2011, 13:00
Go through, as in how many did you wear out and have to replace?

I am still wearing many of the clothing items I wore on my PCT hikes, except for the socks. My hiking shirt got pretty well stained by my pack, but it's still fully intact. I save it for when I wear that pack.