PDA

View Full Version : Hapers Ferry to Pen-Mar

Chif
04-27-2011, 11:50
I need a shuttle in June for four guys and their packs from Hapers Ferry to Pen-Mar st park. Also a recommendation as to a place to park for three nights in HF.

Thanks

Cookerhiker
04-27-2011, 12:12
Park at the Park Service Visitors Center lot. It's free, all you have to do is register with the Park Service. You then ride the shuttle into historic downtown. The last shuttle is 5:45 PM so make sure you're back before then at the end of your hike.

The ATC's shuttle list is normally available on their website but the site is newly revamped and appears to have some bugs.

Joey C
04-27-2011, 13:47
I park at the HF visitors center often for multi-day hikes. It's $6, and is good for 6 days. Pay at the gate, then register your car and selves in the visitor office. It's only a 1.5 mile walk from the downtown area to the parking lot. I usually walk back up as I'm quite smelly after being out for a few days. They gate closes in the evening, but they really don't lock it. You can push it open (Rangers told me this!) Just push it back when you are through.

As for a shuttle, when are you looking to depart from HF? I could check my work schedule and work something out if need be.

BadAndy
04-27-2011, 15:01
Just recently used a shuttle from the Inn at Harper's Ferry. HF to Pen Mar was $80 and their customer service was great. They picked us up off the trail when we found the towpath washed out, drove us into town, ran us around, and waited while we ate for only a little extra charge before taking us to Pen Mar like we originally planned.

earlyriser26
04-27-2011, 15:18
If you are staying overnight in HF you might leave your car at the Comfort INN (just off trail). I have left cars there in the past, but check first. It has been over 10 years since I last did it.

Trail Bug
04-27-2011, 15:23
Stayed at the Comfort Inn last week. If you sign a waiver they will let you park.

amclumberjack
05-04-2011, 09:58
if you have a date, i most likey can help if its on a weekend , im only 10 min from HF