PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to Ward Leonard ?

dbigard
04-27-2011, 20:49
he was a legend in 1989 and up to about 95--then nothing heard about him. You used to hear his name and information about him about every other day. - every town I went thru voluntarily mentioned his name and about his doings...any one know what happened to him??? he could hike the trail faster than anyone else alive at that time---he felt no pain--went by me in a hail storm and didnt even slow down....pack must has weighed about 10 lbs..... was kicked out of most towns----he would not talk to me --said I was a member of the illinois moffia---nurse without a purse

max patch
04-27-2011, 20:57
Well he just got nominated to the AT Hall of Fame. Perhaps his bio will be on display this summer at the museum.

dbigard
04-27-2011, 21:07
Well he just got nominated to the AT Hall of Fame. Perhaps his bio will be on display this summer at the museum.

perhaps--the rumor was that he is institutionalized in winter and his parents give him money to live on the trail in summer time---- than there was a rumor that his parents home were right off the trail and that he murdered someone on the trail ( like he said he would) just wonder if there is any wild chance he will ever be on the trail again terrorizing hikers

Lone Wolf
04-27-2011, 21:16
ward has a mental illness. he's a good guy at heart. i've known him 22 years. he's murdered no one

stretche
04-27-2011, 21:53
Oh he's still on the trail. friend and i just met him on the mass-ct area just last week actually

weary
04-27-2011, 22:06
ward has a mental illness. he's a good guy at heart. i've known him 22 years. he's murdered no one
I have no idea of the recent facts. But I've met Ward, chatted with him. And respect Ward. Other than a habit of irritating other hikers, I agree with LW. Ward is a good guy.

stretche
04-27-2011, 22:11
I have no idea of the recent facts. But I've met Ward, chatted with him. And respect Ward. Other than a habit of irritating other hikers, I agree with LW. Ward is a good guy.

He says hes doing the area from vt-ct a few times. Nice guy filled with advice, as long as you be nice to him, he'll be nice to you simple human courtesy

dbigard
04-27-2011, 22:33
He says hes doing the area from vt-ct a few times. Nice guy filled with advice, as long as you be nice to him, he'll be nice to you simple human courtesy

... ...could be he has changed is a great guy now--good to hear