PDA

View Full Version : vasque clarion vs zephyr

joflaig
01-24-2005, 15:13
I had a pair of full grain leather / gore-tex asolos. They were too narrow at the toe for me and too hot inside. I've found that the vasque clarion and zephyr have bigger toe boxes. Both were comfortable to me walking around the store. The clarion seemed especially flexible at the ball, and the sole was much thinner and softer than the Zephyr. I've read comments that you can really feel the terrain under your feet whereas with the Zephyr's thicker sole you might not feel every rock or root. Both have gore-tex, but also some fabric patches for breath-ability.

Has anyone had any experiences with either boot?

Moose2001
01-24-2005, 15:19
I've used Clarions for over 3000 miles on the trail. It was my favorite boot until Vasque ruined it. The dropped the non-Gortex model and now only carry the gortex boot. I would NEVER wear a boot with gortex in it. I bought a pair of zehpher's thinking the same that you did. The zepher is a more meaty boot and a thicker sole. It also is a taller boot than the clarion. I haven't put any miles on the zepher yet but so far, I'm not crazy about it. Thinking I may switch over to the Vasque Breeze instead. All things considered, I want my non-gortex clarions back!!!!

hikerjohnd
01-24-2005, 19:55
I would NEVER wear a boot with gortex in it.
Why is that?