PDA

View Full Version : lowa renegade II gtx mid lady boot

cupcake
01-24-2005, 18:04
boy, that was a mouthful. i tried these boots today, as i've been 'shoeless' for my upcoming march hike. they were super comfortable out of the box, and had enough flex to satisfy the place on the front insides of my ankles that generally hurt from stiffer boots (and resulted in tendonitis). they held the heel, and had plenty of toebox. though i like to stay away from gortex, these feel like sneakers with some weather protection for march/april, and later at the end of the hike. has anyone used these boots for long distance, or have any other recommendations? i had blisters on my heels before in my asolo 'adreneline' or now 'stynger' boots, though, lt. wt., they felt overall more substantial.

poison_ivy
01-24-2005, 18:52
I've had three pairs of Lowa Renegades and I have to say they are a supremely comfortable boot. However, I find that they are not very durable... with the amount of hiking I do (I'm up every weekend in the White Mountains) I find they start to fall apart in about four months or so (mainly the stitching starts coming out.) I would be concerned about wearing them on a thru-hike... given my experience with them. I've since switched to the Montrail Torres, because they seem a little more durable.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

- Ivy