PDA

View Full Version : Skecher Shape UP Shoes

gonesolong
05-02-2011, 02:45
Would it be totally ludicrous to consider the Skecher Shape Up shoe http://www.ginnys.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=61508&code=063416&source=C010&link=063416&medium=CSE&CAWELAID=748780515 for an AT 10 day sectional hike? They are so comfortable to walk in, you would not believe.

shoe
05-02-2011, 04:03
I think it would be crazy. But I find them terribly uncomfortable. Besides that, they have no tread whatsoever.

EastCoastFeastCoast
05-02-2011, 06:40
I'm more worried about the fact that they are taller than other shoes, offering the same support as a normal athletic shoe while not being any wider as well... this all contributes to a rolled ankle. I can roll my ankles just standing normally, and I'm WAY too afraid to put these on at all. Just something to consider.

Bati
05-02-2011, 07:09
In my opinion, your risk of injury would increase dramatically with these shoes.
Consider why you find them so comfortable. If you have arthritis, you can get carbon-fiber insoles to limit foot motion or you can try insoles with a small rocker under the ball of the foot. Ask a podiatrist or CO. There are safer ways to get the same effect for treatment of a medical condition without sacrificing traction and traction.

Mrs Baggins
05-02-2011, 07:31
I've not tried them but a friend of mine did and she could barely tolerate a long day at the mall wearing those things. She said her feet were really aching.

88BlueGT
05-02-2011, 09:51
I would say no go.

I have heard many bad things about these shoes including them doing more damage to your feet than good. They may be "shaping" up your butt and what not while your walking but the shoe takes from your natural stride and its not good on your feet....... at all.

Amanita
05-02-2011, 10:30
They are so comfortable to walk in, you would not believe.

You're right, I don't believe you. More comfortable than a good fitting pair of trail runners or athletic shoes? I highly doubt it. Maybe you've just been getting trail shoes that don't fit very well. Try getting your feet remeasured and looking at new shoes before taking a pair of these anywhere near a trail. Leave the sketchers for the shopping mall.

Lilred
05-02-2011, 17:38
honestyly, if you're wearing them to tighten up your butt, walking uphill does the same thing. So, hiking the trail will do exactly what those shoes will do.

88BlueGT
05-02-2011, 17:52
+1

But it wil do it the right way and there's no trade off

Spokes
05-02-2011, 17:54
.... They are so comfortable...., you would not believe.

That's what your drill sergeant tells you just before a day of marching right?

Fog Horn
05-02-2011, 19:17
I wore them all over Italy. When it rained they got wet and aside from the annoying squishy sound, when they're wet they turn into the worlds most uncomfortable shoe AND take three days to dry. If you do take them check the weather report first