PDA

View Full Version : Closest hotel to deep gap

flagator
05-03-2011, 23:06
Title asks it all, and also if someone could tell me how to get there from the parking lot at the trail head. Im just worried about my gps functioning and I may or may not have much daylight. Thanks

shoe
05-04-2011, 01:16
If it's the Deep Gap in North Carolina just over the GA line then you will go down the forest service road and turn right which will take you into Franklin

generoll
05-04-2011, 06:46
shoe said it all. the right turn he mentions is onto US hwy 64.

Red Hat
05-04-2011, 08:37
In Franklin you can choose from a number of motels, but I suggest the Franklin Inn, the Sapphire Inn, or the Budget Inn, all owned by Ron Haven. If you call Ron, you can arrange a shuttle into town. He makes regular trips to the trailheads, depending upon when you will be there.

Trailweaver
05-05-2011, 01:19
Call for your shuttle before you get into the gap or you won't get cell reception. Also. . . it's a rather lengthy hike on that FSR to get out. I'd get the shuttle.

MkBibble
05-05-2011, 09:42
You can also take the Kimsey Creek Trail from Deep Gap down to the Standing Indian Campground. It's a nice walk with a public phone near the little store (in case you can't get cell service). Not sure when you're going I am GUESSING the campground is open by now.