PDA

View Full Version : Services at Robbinsville & Stecoah Gap, NC

Ron Haven
05-06-2011, 22:55
With limited transportation to a really needed resupply point, what do you think of this? If there was a Haven's Budget Inn opened in Robbibsville,NC with a 6 mile shuttle twice in the morning to Stecoah Gap.

A low rate kennel to serve hikers with dogs at the Smokies, a motels across from an Ingles grocery store and 5 restaurants with in 300 yards.

Possibly I may ad a small resupply outfitter, laundry and all at the same rates I offer in Hiawassee and Franklin?

I am considering this for 2012... :-?..Would you use my services there too?

WingedMonkey
05-06-2011, 23:31
And a Post Office right next to the Ingles Grocery.

:sun

Red Hat
05-07-2011, 10:58
I don't hike with a dog, but the kennel seems like a great idea for those who do. Have you figured out how to arrange the pick up afterwards? something with curtis, maybe?

Praha4
05-07-2011, 14:25
great idea Ron... that's a long stretch from NOC to Fontana Dam, with little options for resupply without hitching from Stecoah Gap, a shuttle offered there would be a good thing... and with limited resupply at Fontana Village, it would offer a great place for resupply
go for it!

Tabasco
05-07-2011, 14:27
great idea Ron... that's a long stretch from NOC to Fontana Dam, with little options for resupply without hitching from Stecoah Gap, a shuttle offered there would be a good thing... and with limited resupply at Fontana Village, it would offer a great place for resupply
go for it!

30 miles is a "long stretch" ? :confused::confused::confused:

Gray Blazer
05-07-2011, 14:42
I think you would corner the hiker market there. I often wondered why Robbinsville wasn't a resupply place. Gateway to Joyce Kilmer? Dog Kennel service? You are thinking in the right direction I believe.

max patch
05-07-2011, 14:45
Ron is the hikers Donald Trump.

Blissful
05-07-2011, 16:29
30 miles is a "long stretch" ? :confused::confused::confused:

It is if the Smokies loom before you...

Blissful
05-07-2011, 16:31
With limited transportation to a really needed resupply point, what do you think of this? If there was a Haven's Budget Inn opened in Robbibsville,NC with a 6 mile shuttle twice in the morning to Stecoah Gap.

A low rate kennel to serve hikers with dogs at the Smokies, a motels across from an Ingles grocery store and 5 restaurants with in 300 yards.

Possibly I may ad a small resupply outfitter, laundry and all at the same rates I offer in Hiawassee and Franklin?

I am considering this for 2012... :-?..Would you use my services there too?

Nice...... :)

The Old Chief
05-07-2011, 18:15
Ron, that's a great plan. Hikers could take a long lunch break at the NOC and be at Stecoah Gap the next day for a pick up. They could re-supply at the Ingles for the Smokies. If you're going to make shuttle runs to the dam, a lot of hikers would probably stay with you instead of Fontana resort. I like Robbinsville and feel it could be a hiker friendly town.

Dogwood
05-07-2011, 18:52
Ron, you got a finger on the pulse of hikers. I like the ideas. Still have that Chinese buffet in Robbinsville?

enurdat1
05-07-2011, 18:54
Ron, this would be great. The Microtel gets packed with traffic from the Dragon, and there isn't anything else close by.

Ron Haven
05-07-2011, 23:41
Friends I am only into the beginning thoughts of this idea but I see a definate need for it. I have been exploring that part for over 2 years. I have got to do a lot of homework on something like this upfront.