PDA

View Full Version : SMD Swift 2011

Singletrack
05-07-2011, 13:23
Anyone have this pack? Tell me about it. Can't find too much information, except at the SMD website. Looks very versatile, with hipbelt option, and stay option.

bulldog49
05-07-2011, 13:49
I have the SMD Starlite, same pack but is a top loader. Very well made, large capacity, light weight.

Singletrack
05-07-2011, 14:17
I have the SMD Starlite, same pack but is a top loader. Very well made, large capacity, light weight.

Does the Stalight have padding in the hipbelt, and shoulder straps? The Starlight looks to be a larger version of the Swift.

bulldog49
05-07-2011, 19:00
Mine has padded straps and hipbelt as well as removable stays. I bought it in 2007, don't know if they've made any changes since then. If I'm thinking of the correct pack, the Swift is a panel loader with a permanent top pocket. The interior volume I thought was the same. SMD makes quality products and provide excellent customer service. I also own a SMD Lunar Solo. Through my carelessness I broke the zipper on the fly. They fixed it promptly at no charge, even shipped it back to me ppd.

Singletrack
05-07-2011, 20:23
The 2011 Swift is not a panel loader, but a top loader. The options are a web belt, wing belt with pockets, and a stay. Weight 15 oz, 17 oz., 19 oz, and 23 oz., depending on how you set it up. It can be set up at 15 oz. without any of the options, thus no hipbelt.

STICK
06-02-2011, 16:36
I will be placing an order for the Swift tomorrow to use as my summer pack. I am buying the hip belt because I am way too fond of hip belt pockets, and I am getting the stay just in case I may need it.

At the moment, I only have the SMD Lunar Duo but I am happy with the quality of it. I also have one of the Skyscapes on preorder and am looking forward to getting it!

skinewmexico
06-02-2011, 17:49
I will be placing an order for the Swift tomorrow to use as my summer pack. I am buying the hip belt because I am way too fond of hip belt pockets, and I am getting the stay just in case I may need it.

At the moment, I only have the SMD Lunar Duo but I am happy with the quality of it. I also have one of the Skyscapes on preorder and am looking forward to getting it!

Dude. Your rampant purchasing reminds me so much of.....................myself. A few years ago. The OP should ask that same question on BPL, probably get a lot of responses.

STICK
06-02-2011, 19:33
Dude. Your rampant purchasing reminds me so much of.....................myself. A few years ago. The OP should ask that same question on BPL, probably get a lot of responses.

I believe though that it will be coming to an end soon...My goal is to have 2 set-ups, a warm and a cold. There are a few more items I "need" to get, but really not much more...

As far as the Swift, I could make my Circuit work, but my GoLite quilt just won't take up as much room as my Helium, so actually filling the pack will be a little tougher (and even more so when my quilt I ordered a while back comes in...half the weight of the GoLite) So, I am designating my Circuit as my cold weather pack and the Swift as my warm weather pack... So, I guess that is not really a good reason, but it is mine... :)