PDA

View Full Version : volunteerism

Lone Wolf
05-08-2011, 00:50
i'm thinkin' this year instead of "hardcore" folks should volunteer to help the community of Glade Springs, 10 miles from Damascus, that was devastated by tornadoes. real folks need real help. a recreational trail can wait.

Elder
05-08-2011, 09:18
Wonder has made up some special jewelry, to sell in the city park, to help the Virginia victims..

Lugnut
05-08-2011, 11:49
i'm thinkin' this year instead of "hardcore" folks should volunteer to help the community of Glade Springs, 10 miles from Damascus, that was devastated by tornadoes. real folks need real help. a recreational trail can wait.

Did you mention that to Bob. He may go for that and he could make it happen. Good idea!

Wonder
05-08-2011, 17:15
Wonder has made up some special jewelry, to sell in the city park, to help the Virginia victims..

I just finished them. I have about 60 pairs. I will be elling them for $7 a pair, and ALL PROFIT will be donted to the relief efforts in Glade Spring.

They are pewter charms on Stainless Steel hooks. A pic of the charm is attached...........I think

weary
05-08-2011, 20:35
I agree completely. Though I'm too far away and too poor to play much of a personal part.

Reid
05-08-2011, 20:37
Wonder I have a lot of polymer clay type beads and pendants I could send to you to sale as well and have the procceds go to wherever yours go. Send me your address if that sounds ok to you. I will not be there this year.

Reid
05-08-2011, 20:38
Or I can send you some pics

rambunny
05-09-2011, 11:25
Great idea LoneWolf!

Doc Mike
05-09-2011, 14:23
I was there for that tornado and there are a lot of people with nothing left. It would be a worthy cause for any donations of time or money.

Roots
05-09-2011, 14:34

I was thinking the same thing the other day! Great idea LW!