PDA

View Full Version : MST presentation

Taba
05-08-2011, 17:50
I will be speaking about the MST on Saturday the 14th of May at noon during Trail Days. Stop by and check it out. This will be very informative on how to thru-hike the MST.

matthew.d.kirk
05-09-2011, 07:28
According to the trail days schedule, you're to talk about the Sheltowee Trace at that time: http://www.traildays.us/schedule.html

I'd like to come to this as I'm planning to hike the MST in June. Thanks.

-Matt

Taba
05-09-2011, 15:31
Oh well then it's on Friday the 13th at 1:00 pm. Guess I got my dates mixed up. thank you.

Taba
05-10-2011, 13:09
Actually it is scheduled for Friday 2-3pm at the Laurel building. Guess I've been in the woods too long but the presentations are going to be very informative on thru-hiking the MST and what to expect while attempting this challenge.

Taba
05-10-2011, 13:22
I pushed extremely hard at the end of this year's hike of the MST and overexhausted myself to finish before Trail Days. Now that I am done with that and have had a couple days of rest. Hitching to Damascus has been easy and I will be there tonight. Time to slow down and focus. I still have a lot of work to do when I get there but at least I will be centralized in one location.

Buffalo Skipper
05-10-2011, 13:24
Taba, I have some interest in learning more about the MST, but I have a zero chance of making your presentation. Instead I am reading your journals to familiarize myself with the trail.

10-K
05-10-2011, 13:59
Actually it is scheduled for Friday 2-3pm at the Laurel building. Guess I've been in the woods too long but the presentations are going to be very informative on thru-hiking the MST and what to expect while attempting this challenge.

I'm working out of town this week and can't make it.

Would be super-duper nice if someone could record it. I would absolutely like to hear your talk Taba....

Blissful
05-10-2011, 14:09
I went to it last year - I'm guessing you'll have new info having just completed it again (congrats!). Hope to be there

Red Hat
05-10-2011, 14:51
what is it four times now? including back to backs

matthew.d.kirk
05-10-2011, 17:07
Would it be possible to switch the two talks? I'd like to be there to learn about the MST, but can't make the Friday time due to work. It seems I'm not alone...

Taba
05-11-2011, 13:59
what is it four times now? including back to backs
Yes it is. Two times both directions. In 2009 I hiked the trail both directions (Yo-Yo).

Taba
05-11-2011, 14:01
Would it be possible to switch the two talks? I'd like to be there to learn about the MST, but can't make the Friday time due to work. It seems I'm not alone...

Unfortunately there is no way I can do that now. It is already printed in the schedule. Stop in to the Sheltowee Trace presentation and I may be able to talk about the MST a little there.

matthew.d.kirk
05-11-2011, 21:23
Taba,

Thanks for all that you do for sharing info on the MST. Unfortunately I won't be able to make TD this year. I will be starting my eastbound trek June 1st. I have your guide and have highlighted the route on maps. Although I have plenty of questions, I think I'll be ready...

Taba
05-12-2011, 14:00
Taba,

Thanks for all that you do for sharing info on the MST. Unfortunately I won't be able to make TD this year. I will be starting my eastbound trek June 1st. I have your guide and have highlighted the route on maps. Although I have plenty of questions, I think I'll be ready...

You'll do fine. Watch the heat in July and August when you are out of the mountains.

Tennessee Viking
05-12-2011, 14:29
Matt.Kirk

Let me know if I can help with your MST trek as well.

gunner76
05-18-2011, 18:06
Matt.Kirk

I live in Otway NC located in down east NC heading towards Cedar Island. let me know if I can help when you get down here.

I have a big back yard if you need a place to camp out.

matthew.d.kirk
05-19-2011, 20:57
TN Viking and Gunner,

Thanks for your offer to help. I may take you up on this... I will be posting updates on my progress here: http://runthemst.wikispaces.com/

-Matt

Corrigan
05-22-2011, 13:00
Matt - I live in Boone, NC now.....if you need anything around here let me know, I'd be happy to help. Are you the one that ran the SB6K?

Corrigan
910-795-6427