PDA

View Full Version : MOG Heine Cook Pot and Stove System Videos

STICK
05-09-2011, 00:48
I recently decided to make a heine cook pot and a stove system. just for play. But now that the entire set up is done, I must say that I am impressed. Everything weighs 2.7 oz! Wow.

Anyway, I have been working on it all day, and then doing the videos, taking pictures and writing it all up on my blog, so if you are interested, check it out and let me know what you think:

MYOG Heine Cook Pot & Stove System (http://sticksblog.com/2011/05/08/myog-heine-cook-pot-stove-system/)

HeartWalker
05-09-2011, 10:39
Pretty cool set up. The only thing that seems a like a small nusance would be the tent stakes as I like to set up my shelter before I cook.

STICK
05-09-2011, 17:26
Bill,

I understand that. If I needed to, I wouldn't mind carrying 2 extra stakes. The stakes I use (Mountainfitter 7" Ti-Eye stakes) weigh 0.2 oz each so it is no big deal to carry extra if I need too. Anyway, the way it works out for me, my Lunar Duo requires 6 to pitch, but for bad weather I can add 4 more for extra tie downs. So, most of the time, I have 4 extra stakes that I am not using anyway. So, it is not a problem for me to pitch my tent and then use 2 extras to cook on.

But, if I wanted to add the weight of 2 extra stakes in with the total weight of this set-up, I would have to add 0.4 oz more (0.2 oz each) which would bring the total weight to 3.1 oz. IMO, still not to shabby...

ScottC
05-10-2011, 01:08
I've used a Heine pot for several years with an Ion stove. I'm on my second can - my first one developed a pinhole leak. I use a faucet insulator for a cozy that does a great job protecting the pot in my pack.

At 3.1 oz total, there's nothing I want to change about this setup. Maybe I should stock up on more Heine cans though...

lustreking
05-10-2011, 05:59
Maybe I should stock up on more Heine cans though...

Get them while you can. Word is, they've been discontinued and are replaced with standard looking cans. I haven't found any of the old ones around here.

sheepdog
05-10-2011, 10:09
pretty cool

STICK
05-10-2011, 18:44
Yeah, they are hard to find around where I am, but I have heard some say that they still have them around. I have also noticed that Heine systems can be bought off of ebay.

Skidsteer
05-10-2011, 19:06
Looks like a good job.

TAS
05-13-2011, 14:25
Maybe its time to buy a couple of cases, just in case, then drink it because you do not want it to go bad?:-?

STICK
05-13-2011, 14:32
Good luck finding them!